Monday, November 5, 2012

The Pulse: Charity Auction - updated 11/11

Just over one week ago, Sandy battered New York City (my home town) and the rest of the mid-Atlantic region. It caused devastation unlike anything this area has ever seen before. It is estimated that losses from the storm will be in the neighborhood of $50 Billion. Over 8 million people lost power, some of which has not been restored. There were lives lost, homes destroyed, and property damaged. Every person living in the area that was struck has their own story to tell. And for many, the problems persist.

In times like these, many people, including myself, feel a sense of helplessness and often develop an urgent need to help. In times like these, every little bit does matter and can make a difference.


In that spirit, I am auctioning off art bundles - which will each go to the single highest bidder.

Simply contact me via email at shap97@gmail.com with your bid and I will update the bidding total on this post as bids come in as quickly as I can. The bidding will start at $25.00 for each bundle but I am hoping to raise substantially more money. Bids will be counted in the order in which they are received. Bidding ends on 11:59pm EST Sunday November 11th. The winning bidder can either make their donation directly to the charity via credit card or through me via check or Paypal. You are more than welcome to leave a comment to this post but bids will only be accepted via email.

100% of the proceeds will benefit The Mayors Fund to Advance New York City.  Donations will support immediate aid needs - including water, food and hygiene supplies - as well as long-term relief and restoration efforts. One hundred percent of donations are being dispersed to relief organizations and their efforts.

BUNDLE #1

First is a special copy of my book The Pulse of Mixed Media: Secrets and Passions of 100 Artists Revealed. This copy has been signed by 30 of the contributing artists (including Pam Carriker, Michelle Ward, Danny Gregory, Orly Avineri, Leslie Avon Miller, Lisa Hoffman, Julie Prichard, Donna Watson, Jill Zaheer, Roxanne Evans Stout, Joanna Pierotti, Don Madden, Patricia Larsen, Karen Cole, Sarah Fishburn, Jen Crossley, Leslie Marsh, Lynne Perrella, and myself).


The winning bidder will also receive Morning Light, an original artwork by contributing artist and author Pam Carriker that can be found on page 41 of the book.



Also going to the winning bidder is Head Above Water, an original artwork by Eric Adama, contributing artist to The Pulse of Mixed Media.


The winning bidder were also receive the original artwork Introspection, contributing artist Joanna Pierotti's self portrait on page 23 of my book.


The winning bidder will also receive Swept, one of my original artworks that seems particularly appropriate for this moment in time.



BUNDLE #1
CURRENT BID
$25.00
$50.00
$100.00
$200.00
$250.00
$300.00
$325.00
$350.00
----------------------------------------
BUNDLE #2

The winning bidder will receive one copy of Easy Mixed Media Surface Techniques, my workshop DVD.


The winning bidder will also receive Coastal an original artwork from artist and author Chris Cozen.


In addition, the winning bidder will receive Namaste, an original artwork made by artist and author Linda Woods.

Also going to the winning bidder will be a copy of One Artist Journal, a book from artist and author  Orly Avineri.

The winning bidder will also receive an artisan made envelope and several art tags (similar to those shown in this image) made by artist Leslie Avon Miller.



BUNDLE #2
CURRENT BID
$25.00
$50.00
$100.00
$150.00
$200.00
$300.00
$350.00
$375.00
----------------------------------------
BUNDLE #3
A LYNNE PERRELLA PANOPLY


Artist and author Lynne Perrella has generously donated so many items that she has not one but two of her own bundles. The winner of bundle #3 will receive:


One signed and inscribed copy of Lynne's book Alphabetica.


One signed and inscribed copy of Lynne's book Art-Making & Studio Spaces.


A packet of her own Romare Bearden-themed notecards.


BUNDLE #3
CURRENT BID
$25.00
$30.00
$45.00
$100.00
$150.00
----------------------------------------
BUNDLE #4
A LYNNE PERRELLA PANOPLY

A second bundle, filled with the work of artist and author Lynne Perrella, includes:  

One signed and inscribed copy of Lynne's book Artist Journals & Sketchbooks.


One signed and inscribed copy of Lynne's book Art-Making/Collections & Obsessions.



And a gaggle of handmade tags in a decorated envelope, all made by Lynne from original materials.


No image but trust me when I say that they will be amazing!

BUNDLE #4
CURRENT BID
$25.00
$40.00
$50.00
$100.00
$115.00
$150.00
$200.00
----------------------------------------
BUNDLE #5

The winner of bundle #5 will receive free entry into two online art workshops from artist and author Julie Prichard.


The winning bidder will also receive Night Prayer, an original artwork from artist Darlene Wilkinson.


The winning bidder will also receive Sweet-Home, Rose-colored: Plant the Seed, an original artwork (with the edge of the canvas wrapped with New York Times hurricane reportage) from artist and author Sarah Fishburn.


Also included with the winning bid is a signed copy of the book Journal Spilling by artist and author Diana Trout.


The winning bidder will also receive a sheet of handmade lino printed tissue paper made by artist Andrea McNeill and similar to the tissue paper pictured in this image.


BUNDLE #5
CURRENT BID
$25.00
$50.00
$75.00
$100.00
$125.00
$200.00
----------------------------------------
BUNDLE #6
BOOK BUNDLE BONANZA

The winner of bundle #6 will receive one signed copy of my book The Pulse of Mixed Media: Secrets and Passions of 100 Artists Revealed.


The winning bidder will also receive a signed copy of Art at the Speed of Life by artist and author Pam Carriker.


The winning bidder will also receive a signed copy of the book Humus by artist and author Martin Hoogeboom. This will include an original Humus ink drawing as well.


The winning bidder will also receive one signed copy of the book Journal Spilling by artist and author Diana Trout.


The winning bidder will also receive one signed copy of the newly released book Photo Craft: Creative Mixed Media and Digital Approaches to Transforming Your Photographs by artists and authors Susan Tuttle and Christy Hydeck.


BUNDLE #6
CURRENT BID
$25.00
$50.00
$75.00
$100.00
$150.00
$200.00
----------------------------------------
BUNDLE #7

The winning bidder will receive a handmade book (2" x 3" with black archival pages) and bookmark made by artist and photographer Leslie Marsh.


The winning bidder will also receive a pair of original artwork, Face Forward and Don't Look Back, from artist Stacey Merrill.



The winning bidder will also receive What to Listen For, an original artwork by artist Jill Zaheer.


The winning bidder will also receive an original encaustic artwork, Corazon for NYC, made by artist Lisa JonesMoore.


BUNDLE #7
CURRENT BID
$25.00
$50.00
$75.00
$125.00
$175.00
$200.00
$250.00
-------------------------------
BUNDLE #8

The winner of bundle #8 will receive an original encaustic artwork, Letters in the Wind, by Roxanne Evans Stout


The winning bidder will also receive the journey palm leaf mantra artist book from artist Deb Eck.


The winning bidder will also receive an original artwork, Long Walk Home, from artist Robert Stockton.

The winning bidder will also receive Writing on the Wall, an original artwork (2.5"x3.5", matted to 8"x10") by artist Denise Aumick.


The winning bidder will also receive an original artwork, movement #2, from artist Laura Quilligan.


BUNDLE #8
CURRENT BID
$25.00
$100.00
$150.00
$200.00
$225.00
$250.00
-------------------------------
BUNDLE #9

The winner of Bundle #9 will receive Flower, an original artwork by artist and author Angela Cartwright.


The winning bidder will also receive a copy of the book In This Garden Explorations in Mixed-Media Visual Narrative by Angela Cartwight and Sarah Fishburn, and signed and personalized by Angela.


If the winning bid for this bundle reaches or exceeds $250, the winner will also receive Pasticcio Quartz 12, the quality zine from Angela Cartwright and Sarah Fishburn.


The winning bidder will also receive a handmade, fabric journal from artist Deb Eck.


The winning bidder were also receive a talisman necklace, with their choice of any word 7 letters or less in copper or sterling, from artist Linda Esterley.   



The winning bidder will also receive a box of sculpted paper mended hearts from artist Arabella Grayson.

BUNDLE #9
CURRENT BID
$25.00
$50.00
$65.00
$85.00
$100.00
-------------------------------
BUNDLE #10

The winner of Bundle #10 will receive a signed copy of my book The Pulse of Mixed Media: Secrets and Passions of 100 Artists Revealed.


The winning bidder will also receive one of my own original artworks, Shelter.


The winning bidder will also receive a handmade, artist book from artist Sharon Payne Bolton.


The winning bidder will also receive Silver Tree, an original artwork from artist Kathryn Dyche Dechairo.


The winning bidder will also receive Secrets & Lies, a set of two paper mache/polaroid transfer mixed media masks from artist Stacey Merrill.


BUNDLE #10
CURRENT BID
$25.00
$75.00
$300.00
-------------------------------
If you do not wish to bid but would like to make a donation, you can click here to be taken directly to the donation page for The Mayors Fund. You can also head over to the Art is You retreat website, which is also spearheading a relief effort.

Please spread the word about this auction via your blogs and social media sites. I would love to be able to donate as much as possible to help as many as possible. Thank you!

42 comments:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

The signed copy of your book is a wonderful way to raise funds for your home town,New York, and the home of so many hit hard by the storm. Bravo Seth!

Bill said...

I don't have any money to bid in the auction, but I put a post linking to this page on my blog. Hopefully it will help direct people here.

ArtPropelled said...

A wonderful art bundle! I've posted the notice in my sidebar.

Jen Crossley said...

A wonderful art bundle for a truly worthy cause.My heart goes out to all those who have suffered and continue to suffer.

Lynn Cohen said...

I've made my bid and put it on my side bar! I hope this brings a good sum for the relief fund.
Thanks for doing this Seth.

Kim Mailhot said...

Every helping heart makes a difference. Brilliant use of what you do so well, Seth. I will continue to send light and love, and whatever other help I can, to all those still in need in NYC and elsewhere.

Leslie said...

Such a wonderful, thoughtful and generous way to use your talents and the talents of the other contributing artists! Good on you!

Kathryn Dyche said...

Such compassion and generosity, I've been spreading the word on Twitter and Facebook. :0)

Anonymous said...

Hope this brings in lots of money to help many in NYC. I've posted on FB and my blog. Thank you so much Seth-we are blessed by your caring heart. I ♥ NEW YORK

rivergardenstudio said...

Seth, what a wonderful way to help your community. I am sending wishes for a speedy recovery and safety for all those in need during these storms.
roxanne

Simply Pretty Stuff said...

Thanks for your strength and conviction. You are not powerless and show by example what CAN be done. xo

Marit said...

Wow, the auction is going great Seth. It's so wonderful of you to do this!! I posted it on my facebook page and will again mention it on my blog tomorrow... I hope the bidding will go up even more!

The Creative Beast said...

I love how you found a way to help the people in NY/NJ Seth and I love how it includes ART! Keep up the great work you do here =-)

Judy said...

How very generous of you Seth. Well done.

Sharmon Davidson said...

What a great idea, Seth; I'm sure it will bring in lots of money. I will post a link on my sidebar.

Anonymous said...

you are such a kind and generous soul, seth! i love what you're doing here. i'm going to post about it too.

if i had $250, i'd totally bid right now but times are quite tight here so the most i could do is $50. i think i will just donate it anyway, in your name. :)

Ella said...

I will mention your auction on my next blog post! You are right it all adds up~ My family is Navy, so we give and volunteer in that regard~
Wonderful idea Seth, so sad to see all the devastation~

Parabolic Muse said...

Love the way the bids are going up and up.


Parabolic Muse said...

I have to say that, of all the poll questions you've asked, this week's second question threw me for a loop. How odd that it would be so difficult to answer.

So I wrote an essay and emailed it to you. I hope you grade on a curve.

Carol said...

Generous and kind as always. Best wishes for a very successful auction.

Ruth Armitage said...

Great participation! I've posted a link on my blog and have my own auction going on Daily Paintworks.com It is wonderful to feel like we can make a small difference individually, but a large one collectively!

~*~Patty S said...

what a special way to help out...take care Seth

so many hearts are praying for recovery in your area!
oxo

Jo Murray said...

You are such a generous and kind man Seth. Good Luck with this. Will give you a plug on my next post.

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Looking good Seth!

sf said...

WOW! $800 so far and still days to go...I hope even more generosity will spill forth! Some auction winners are gonna have in store truly fabulous treats in exchange for opening their hearts and pocketbooks! Woo-hoo...we ALL win. xxo

Lisa said...

I reposted it on the Artistcellar Facebook page. I hope I bring you a few more bids. Wish I had known about it sooner, I would have donated some artistcellar stencils!

Ella said...

I mentioned you today on my blog!
:D Yes, bravo Seth!

Laura said...

Totally Awesome Seth... I'll pass this blog on to other through my site.

Ella said...

Seth...
Thank you, for dropping by my blog!
I enlarged your name and HERE-I didn't realize they were so small. It is fixed now and we never know who we may touch and reach out to on our blogs! It all helps, so much~
Thanks Seth for being you~

kathleen codyrachel said...

Seth along with being an incredible & talented artist - you are an anazing human being - thank you and all the wonderful artists that are doing this

Unknown said...

Posted on our FB page as well. Hoping to help spread the word. - Candace Blackburn, The Missing Piece, www.tmpstores.com

Candace said...

Posted to our FB account as well. Anyway we can help you from Florida.
Candace, The Missing Piece.

JonesMoore Studio Art, Lisa JonesMoore said...

So glad to be able to help out! Seth, keep up the good work...amazing :)

sf said...

At first glance I thought the title of one of Lynne Perrella's books was Art Making And Studio SPICES, and I thought what a fab idea!

UniqueNique said...

Good luck and what an awesome thing you are all doing - I don't have the income at the moment to bid but I will definitely promote your auction it is a really worthy cause.

UniqueNique said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing congratulations and good luck - at the moment I don't have the income to bid myself but I will be sharing your blog as it is for a really good cause

UniqueNique said...

Good luck and what an awesome thing you are all doing - I don't have the income at the moment to bid but I will definitely promote your auction it is a really worthy cause.

Robert said...

The bidding continues. . .and. . .the world is a better place!!! There are some incredible items that have been donated in these 10 amazing bundles! It is so great to see the community of artists step-up in time of need, all made possible, Seth, by your hard work, and the connections between us that you and your blog have helped to create!

Parabolic Muse said...

These bundles are all so wonderful. I've highlighted your auction on my sidebar and in my blog post, and have tweeted and retweeted. I wish for thousands for Sandy relief, and I know the recipients of these gorgeous words of art, books, and workshops, will be completely thrilled!

Thank you, Seth.

ArtPropelled said...

I'm glad I didn't miss all the new bundles. Wow! This is wonderful!

Anna Chiang said...

Seth has a huge heart and his plan to do an art auction
made me teary. Thanks Seth for taking action on such an
important and close to home!
NYC is lucky to have you!

Anna Chiang said...

Seth has a huge heart and his plan to do an art auction
made me teary. Thanks Seth for taking action on such an
important and close to home!
NYC is lucky to have you!