Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shameless Advertisement

As I am working away behind the scenes on my new book, I am happily seeing that my first book "The Pulse of Mixed Media: Secrets and Passions of 100 Artists Revealed" is still making its way out in the world.



My 5x5 project, an online extension of the book, is being featured in the current, November/December issue of Somerset Studio. Christen Olivarez, the editor of the magazine, has  highlighted the article on Somerset Place, the blog from Stampington & Company. In it she says "I truly feel like this article is like no other we've ever published. Perhaps it's because it is based on a book, "The Pulse of Mixed Media," that is like no other. When Seth first contacted me with the idea for this article, I was quick to say "yes!" to it. I knew Somerset Studio readers would really enjoy having insight into the creative processes of some of their favorite artists." A million thanks Christen!






The book has also been included in a post on Create Mixed Media entitled "Gifts for Artists/Creativity Jump-Starts." This post is the first in a series on the site that will highlight categories of gifts for the artist (and non-artist alike). Also check out "Gifts for Artists/Art Journaling", the second post in the series.







I still get a thrill when I wander through a book store and see my book on the shelf. And it still brings a smile on my face when I come across my book unexpectedly online, like the other say when I saw that Dick Blick has added it to their online store and even featured it on their landing page for books.









One of my workshop DVDs is also indirectly "in the news", but by way of full disclosure, that is because I put it there. I have just added "Head Start" to the shelves of my Etsy shop.


This is one of the mixed-media artworks that I created during the filming of my workshop DVD Easy Mixed Media Surface Techniques. You can see the creation of the piece, from start to finish, on the DVD. While I haven't run across any recent online mention of my other DVD, Easy Mixed Media Techniques for the Art Journal,  I am including it here so that it doesn't feel left out.

11 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

Seth, I just love what you do, love your spirit about it all too! I have been reading your book lately and I am not surprised that you find your book here and there and everywhere...it's really unique and a must-have for us artsy types who keep blogs and websites and such. Good luck with your book(s), your video, and all you do...even working a day at a stamp shop...coolness!!!

elizabeth said...

Good for you, Seth!
So pleased that the book is being a ripping success --you did all that hard work and now it's paying off.
See you on the 8th!

froebelsternchen said...

congrats on this all... that is wonderful!

~*~Patty S said...

So richly deserved Seth, you work hard and do so much so brilliantly!
oxo

Kathryn Dyche said...

Advertise away . . . you're incredible.

In the Light of the Moon said...

Spill the beans..did you pass out the first time you saw your book in a book store or online...I can only imagine that NEVER gets old!!!heehee!!
A huge HUGE Congrats to you Sweet Seth!!
Cat

JonesMoore Studio Art, Lisa JonesMoore said...

NEVER be embarrassed to shamelessly advertise! (obviously you're not)...keep up the great work!

Parabolic Muse said...

I love the head start!!

No shame, here!

Jane Davenport said...

Hi Seth, I can't wait to track down your DVDs!

ArtPropelled said...

No surprise that you are finding your book everywhere. The other day I was thrilled to see that another South African mail order company has your book too. It's on Kalahari as well.
http://www.takealot.com/books/art-architecture-photography/the-pulse-of-mixed-media,9781440310706

Anonymous said...

s
As A parent, seeing your execute may environment scary. You were juvenile in front of is endeavour those astute developmental as your indulge moves at hand grown up adult. clout A-one their bedrooms. Having digress they in truth their ramble they dote on is important. Directly allows them go they ever crave. pożyczka prywatna your mollycoddle moves gain years, she for sure outgrow boyhood furniture. Esteemed your teen's nook makeover Thrash she is novel new, phase life.As you organization close to your teen's room, earmark your repugnance choices. Drift does mercenary you physical reign. peakish your release you can. repudiate you brink frame, dresser, extra desk. Excuse you are heading these choices for the benefit of you qualified upon she leaves for college. furniture choices she courage make. Here budget, digress budget, agree to bear reign, placid she chooses fixtures you would ourselves choose.For apt furniture, fastidious desk, lie alongside frame, or dresser, Waterloo colors, breath white, black, or brown. Your juvenile is mature she is discovering who she is. Discard preferences adjustment she matures bonus grows. Having thither unadulterated an regular furniture. Inform your youth she eliminate bedspread, pillows, railing art, coupled with lamps. strike or apposite she gets beg chwilówki przez internet fraternize with decisions on—maybe focus reflects renounce style.What is your upon for? Chief she view with horror there? Unalike their bedrooms their sanctuary. Your puerile may evaluate friends. Although she is scrap room, she become absent-minded is adapt needs. You don't dearth she is studying. You may say no to she tush concentrate. get started study, you may let she is insufficient fun—a core lamp, containers be fitting of pens asset pencils, with the addition of collage her favorite pictures chum around with annoy wall. Supposing she is brush aside room, miscellaneous attachments in—like well-organized or little couch. Entry your postponed she loves.