Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Week Links: 8


Join me every Sunday when I will share some of my favorite links I discovered in the previous week.
Weeks 1 2,  3,  4,  5,  6,  7...

And here is Week 8


Selling Art, From a Gallerist's Perspective. This post from Brenda Hope Zappitell on Professional Artist website shares insights from three gallerists. It also includes links to 5 fascinating, artist videos.

Love this post on drawing from Lynne Hoppe. I am always mesmerized by her creations and the spirit/personality in each one. Head over to hear her thoughts on self doubt, critics, and drawings without hair, arms and legs.

15 seconds of mixed media heaven: art journals from Ruth Rae.

Karen Valentine from My Desert Cottage is hosting Where Bloggers Create 2014, an online party sharing links to a group of 100+ bloggers posting pictures of their studio spaces.

Paint outside the lines by following this tutorial posted on Create Mixed Media and excerpted from Tracy Verdugo's new book Paint Mojo.

Holly Becker from decor8 has a recent post entitled Can Full-time Bloggers Live Off Of Rainbows +Hugs? which she wrote in response to a reader who commented on the recent opening of her online store suggesting that she was selling out. Holly's post (along with the 120+ comments she received) is a must read for all bloggers. 

7 comments:

Gaby Bee said...

I will check these out! Thanks for sharing all the great links, Seth. I always find blogs that I love.

Gaby xo

Annie said...

Thank you Seth, another great line up of links. I already love Lynne.
xoxo

lynne h said...

wow, *love* tracy's tutorial...

xoxo

Jo Murray said...

OMG Seth...I now have serious feelings of inadequacy. Those workspaces are sooooo neat. Mine looks like a bomb hit it most of the time. Of course Tracy, and Lyne, are already favourites. Thanks.

Karen Valentine said...

Thanks so much for featuring my blog this week Seth! There are some awesome blogs that have linked up with me and it's great that you have opened everyone up to a new audience!
Have a great week!!!

Karen
My Desert Cottage

Stephanie said...

Great list! Thanks.

elle said...

oye! Might be the best one yet!!!