Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Week Links: 9


Join me every Sunday when I will share some of my favorite links I discovered in the previous week.
Weeks 1 2,  3,  4,  5,  6,  7,  8...

And here is Week 9

Absolutely in love these 6 tiny books in a bundle created by Trace Willans from the blog SoewnEarth.

I am finding these vintage photo drawings --posted on I Need a Guide -- by Lauren King quite mesmerizing and compelling. 

Ever want to be part of an art retreat but couldn't because of location, lack of time, expense, or home/job responsibilities? The Reality Retreat, coming this August, from the Art is You crew is perfect for you.

Fascinated by a post on textileartist.org that highlights the variety of effects that 7 textile artists have achieved using traditional stitch techniques in unique and innovate ways. 

Miriam Schulman shares her list of the 10 Best Blue Paint Colors for Your Home. As a lover of all hues blue, I am taking inspiration for my artwork from the color swatches in this post.

Darcy Wilkinson from the PaperArtsy blog created an artwork that used gel medium in 15 different ways. This is like a mini-workshop in a post.

13 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Thanks so much for these CREATIVE links..I am gonna check these out...HaPpY SUNDAY = )

Maryanne said...

That post from Paper Artsy is great! So many ideas for gel medium! I love it. Have a great day, Seth, and thanks for these links every Sunday.

Unknown said...

what a great collection and such a generous idea to do a weekly post like this. Thanks Seth!

Carol said...

Another enjoyable Sunday morning blog hopping. Thanks!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Seth,
That gel medium canvas tutorial is wonderful! Thanks for sharing,
Rinda

elle said...

and I thought last week was the best!!! okay, 15 uses for gel! The textile blogs. And now I'm signed up for a Perfect retreat! thanks Seth!

Darcy Marshall said...

Aww thanks Seth, what a lovely Sunday surprise. I am off to check out the other links. X

schulmanart said...

Hi seth!
Thanks so much for including me on your blog. I didn't even know that you had one, but now I will follow you. I took your 52 card journal class last fall and loved it. I am still using many of the techniques you taught and will be looking to see if I can take another class with you in the future. Happy that my blog was a source of inspiration for your artwork and look forward to seeing it. Best, Miriam

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Some great Sunday blog reads -- thanks so much, Seth.

Jo Murray said...

As always, great links. I'm already a Soewn Earth fan, but I really enjoyed the photo drawings, and embroidery. SO imaginative!

Joy from My heart said...

thanks for the textile artist resource
I have gotten away from my love of creating with a needle replacing it with the brush. Now I am inspired to do something combining both...a new adventure!

Nan G said...

Fabulous links this week, Seth!

Brian Kasstle said...

These are some fantastic links Seth!