Saturday, August 16, 2014

Destination: Sydney

When we first arrived in Australia, we spent some time in Sydney and the surrounding areas. A little R&R before the three weeks of retreats began. I immediately fell in love with the place and instantly knew that I wanted to come back at some point to explore more. And since you all cannot be here with us...I wanted to bring some of the experience to you.

The crew

Kecia, Andrea, Michael and me at the pub. Day 1 and I already tasted emu and kangaroo.

 Kecia, Sallianne and me at lunch. The coffee in Australia is the best I have ever had.

Kecia stocking up. Wow...the cost of supplies is high in Australia.

Kecia and Michael, testing out the paints.

Had a visit to Keith Lo Bue's studio and met Pinncchio.

The Views

 Spectacular view of Sydney Harbor, the Opera House and the Harbor Bridge from the plane.

 From the ferry ride on the Harbor.

 The roof of the iconic Opera House.

The Graffiti

Loving all the graffiti in the city.

This beauty was on the back of a truck.

The Wildlife

Amazing birds were everywhere. This is an ibis. Some people call them pests but I think they are cool.

 Cockatoo hanging around. Saw two black cockatoos too.

Unidentified wildlife.

10 comments:

Maureen said...

What a memorable experience you're creating.

elle said...

ah. Have a great time!!!!

Jackie PN said...

Thank you for a peek inside of your trip thus far Seth!! How incredible that skyline looks from the plane!
Really great photos of everyone!
I agree, that Ibis is pretty cool looking and oh! Was that an UDS? Unidentified dragon Seth?teehee
Can't wait to see more!

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

How fun! I can't imagine just strolling around and an ibis being right there. Cool!

Jane LaFazio said...

Ah! Looks like you are having fun! What a great crew. Enjoy your adventures! Xo

Bill said...

Wonderful pics! The unidentified wildlife is especially interesting! I may have to steal that one and do something with it. :-)

Quinn said...

What a wonderful trip you are having! It is truly the trip of a lifetime. Isn't that the definition of art?

Lynda Howells said...

Am so glad you are enjoying my son's adopted country.xx ...especially the coffee.x Lynda

Jo Murray said...

Great to hear that you already want to come back. I hear you about the cost of supplies!....I enter as many giveaways as I can, for that reason.

Carol said...

Delighted to see your pics, Seth, and agree with you that the Ibis is cool. It was great to meet you and the gang, what a wonderful bunch of people you are. I hope your next two stops are as good as your first. And I especially hope you come back to Australia before too long.