Tuesday, January 13, 2015

artists' cafe

I do like surprises. Earlier this month I was visiting the website for Stampington & Company and came across the following image...


First thing I noticed was that I liked the color palette. Then I saw and loved the artwork. And then I noticed my name. On the cover. Hmmm....thought I should explore that more fully. I looked at the Table of Contents page online and saw a picture of the artwork (my artwork) listed as being on page 128. And I saw that my artist portfolio was included in this issue.



artists' cafe is an annual magazine that culls the "best of Somerset Mixed-Media" from all their publications. All 8 eight issues, including the current Volume 8, are available here.

My artist portfolio was originally published in the May/June 2012 issue of Somerset Studio and includes an interview with Rice Freeman-Zachary and a load of art images. Stampington's magazines are known for their amazing detail shots of art and there are also many of those included as well. Happy I get to share these pages with so many incredible artists, including

Sending thanks to Senior Managing Editor Amber Demein for this happy surprise!

9 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

NICE surprise!

Jo Murray said...

The ubiquitous Mr Apter!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I bought a book on plaster painting the other day and you were in there too. I was like "hey I know him" lol.

Caterina Giglio said...

so I assume that they are not sending comp zines when they publish... interesting...

Susan said...

Funny...the dawn of realization that you are looking at your own name. Will have to find a copy!

Nan G said...

Congrats! Nice surprise indeed.

Jackie PN said...

What a lovely surprise to start your New Year!! Have to get my copy- or revisit my older one! heehee

Kay Wallace said...

Wow, Seth, what a coup! Although, I should say I am not the least bit surprised!! Mwah!

Stephanie said...

Congrats Seth! Very well deserved.