Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Living with Art: an online project


When we see art posted on the blogs from our community, by far the majority of times it is a cropped picture of a particular piece. We don't often get to see pictures of the art in the space where we actually live. Hanging art. Art on the walls. Art over the couch. Art leaning on the bookcase shelves.

I want to see and show art in real life settings: what Living with Art really means. And this is where you come in. Join me for a quick and easy online project. The brief is simple. I will post on my blog your pictures of art that is actually displayed in your space. It can be your own art or art that you have collected. Or both. Zoom out and show some of your surroundings. Beginning sometime in February, I am planning to put up weekly posts that include a group of these images. Along with the image I post, I will include your name and a link to one of your online sites.

Easy, right?

If you are interested in joining, no need to officially sign up. Simply email me your pic and one link. If you chose to send more than one image, I will chose one to post.

Send it in as soon as you like, or wait a while. I am hoping to have enough submissions to last for some time. Please feel free to grab the Living with Art icon and spread the word. Everybody is invited to play.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the idea! I shared the icon and link to my blog will post some photos soon!

Anonymous said...

*on my blog

Karenliz Henderson said...

Very cool idea. I'm in. Just have to take some pics.

Sally Lynn MacDonald-inkyheart said...

I love this idea, Seth. my heart and mt art are all over the house. In fact the funny part of that is sometimes I feel weird that it doesn't look all Pottery Barn in my house - but that wouldn't be real. So i'm happy to contribute.

PocketSize said...

This is a great idea! And maybe it will encourage some of us (*cough*me*cough) to get more art up on the walls and around the house :)

Jo Murray said...

As a dyed-in-the-wool voyeur I love this concept. Oddly...I have other people's work on my walls...hardly any of mine. However...I will be sharing.

Caterina Giglio said...

Very cool!

Dog-Ma said...

Great idea!

Kathryn Dyche said...

Living with Art . . . love it. Count me in.

Kay Wallace said...

What a wonderful idea, Seth! I'm in!

by BUN said...

love this idea...I will definitely try to submit something!

Anonymous said...

Nice idea! I will look around to choose a few art pieces to show!

BusyB said...

Wonderful idea. I have a post about this.http://backontheflooragain.blogspot.com/2015/01/living-with-art.html

Unknown said...

Another fun idea Seth...I have a post up, here's a link you can pick a pic

http://rodrigvitzstyle.typepad.com/rodrigvitz_style/2015/01/art-in-the-house.html

Marlynn said...

This sounds so fun. Can't wait to see the photos!

Unknown said...

Still doing this?