Saturday, January 17, 2015

Journal Kicks


There is a new journal book in town: Art Journal Kickstarter - Pages and Prompts to Energize Your Art Journal. Edited by Kristy Conlin, this book provides a ton of inspiration for art making in general and art journaling in particular. The book includes 140+ art journal pages from 100+ journal artists. Each artist also shares their responses to a series of questions about the inspiration behind their pages, their art journal process, advice to other journaling artists, unique techniques used, and artists that they are inspired by.

This is not a traditional how-to or instructional book but rather a source of inspiration for and approaches to journaling. As I turned the pages, I became more and more absorbed by the content of this book. There are a good number of books out there that share journal pages but I found this one particularly informative and inspiring. It seems like a book to savor a few pages at a time and to revisit over and over again.

Full disclosure is that I am a contributing artist in this book, having shared the journal spread pictured below.


But truth is...I would have loved it equally even if I were not on page 84. The book is available for purchase at Amazon and the North Light Shop.

7 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

very interesting and dimensional work... gives art journalers an idea about thinking outside the covers...

Anonymous said...

What a great journal! I love all of the artwork you did to create it and the pull outs are cool!

Brian Kasstle said...

So jazzed to be included in the book with you and some other wonderful art journal friends!

Jackie PN said...

Good for you Seth!
And another great place to locate your ever inspiring art- that spread is just so cool-I love your off the page art ")

Kay Wallace said...

You are certainly joining the list of "Movers and Shakers" in the wonderful world of art, Seth, and I am so happy for you! Your artful contribution to this book is gorgeous and has a tremendous sense of "style." Off to check it out!

jinxxxygirl said...

OMGosh i'm in that book too!!! Congrats Seth! So great to be sharing the pages with you.. :) Psst.... i'm on page 36... Hugs! deb

Jeane said...

I've barely cracked the cover and I am already inspired and anxious to get started on my own art journal. Thanks for sharing this book with us!