Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Chunky Rust


I am a sucker for rust. Yeah...I know in the real world, rust isn't always embraced. But in my mixed world, a rusty surface makes my heart skip a beat.


While there is nothing like the real thing, I have worked hard on methods to create faux rust, artful rust, textured rust.


And now I think I have hit on the perfect recipe.


Add one part Chunky Rust Baked Texture, one of seven of my new flavors of embossing powders from Emerald Creek...


and one part of my Rust and Patina Kit of Chalk Fresco Acrylic paints from PaperArtsy.

Together they make a rough, textured rust-like surface. Without the corrosion.


Stay tuned for video tutorials on how to create this effect, as well as on how to use all 7 Baked Texture flavors to add a new direction to your artwork.

Cottonwood

20 comments:

Nikki Acton said...

This makes me happy!

Terry Ricioli Designs said...

Looking forward to taking your class in Phoenix.

karens crafty corner said...

Awesome! 😁 I love a bit of rust Seth

Karen said...

This is awesome!!! I love rust and I also like the peeling paint look, etc. I look around town to see if I can see anything like rust or something interesting texture!!! Don't worry though. I'm a passenger in a car when I'm looking!!! When I drive, I only pay attention to the road!!! Started a 4"square of a collage ready for the Vintage Beeswax! It was fun to do! I'm not brave enough to buy and spend money on a canvas, so I cut up the covers of a used, newer book that has heavy covers on it so it won't warp. Working great!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!! Karenann

MvM-design said...

Very nice structure! love it!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Looks Great Seth.

craftytrog said...

Ooh!!! Looks yummy!!!

Patricia Lintner said...

I look forward to every time you post something exciting Seth. Rust and patina are my favorite and so anxious to see the video on how you use them!

Carole M. said...

Wow!!! Oh, Seth......"I love me some rust, too!!!" I'm looking forward to the video!!!

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

WOW!!! The possibilities are endless! I MUST get this for my work as well! :-) :-)

Bill said...

Three cheers for rust! :-)

Redanne said...

Loving the patina tone you created over the gorgeous rust, I think this will be my favourite of your new Baked Texture EPs....

Helen Trimboli said...

Love, love, love rust! Always have always will I think. I will surely be investing in some of these products. My brain is going a mile a minute with ideas! Thanks for this!

Kirsten said...

That is gorgeous. Looking forward to the next video.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get my order of your embossing powders. I am also looking forward to those video tutorials you mentioned!

Sylvie Roussel Gaucherand said...

Fascinante rouille :)

A Pink said...

Wow! Now this is 'HOT'. You're cooking up a storm ,Seth and we're loving it x

CarrieStephenson said...

Gorgeous texture. I love your Paper Artsy paints and looking forward to receiving this embossing powder along with the others I have pre-ordered. Great to know there is a video coming, enjoyed the one showcasing the Vintage Beeswax embossing powder.

Unknown said...

wow wow wow!!!

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Swooning!!!