Monday, January 15, 2018

Make it Your Own: 24

For the last several years, I have begun to collaborate with a number of companies to develop a collection of products to be used by artists and crafters. It has been important to me to create products that work together, even when they are coming from different companies. That way, when you add to your collection with one of my new releases, you can actually use these new items seamlessly with the old. I recently came across two different works of art, both by Debi Adams, which illustrate this concept perfectly.

Debi's first piece, featured in this post on her blog, is pure mixed media magic and beautifully illustrates how my collections from different companies work together.


Debi included my stencils from StencilGirl Products, my dies from Spellbinders, my stamps from Impression Obsession, and my paint from PaperArtsy.


Truly in love with the color palette and all that grungy surface texture...


And all the little details and marks that are part of Debi's signature style. 

---------------------------

The second piece was just published in the current January/February issue of Cloth Paper Scissors.


In this mixed media masterpiece, Debi uses my dies from Spellbinders, my stamps from Impression Obsession, my stencils from StencilGirl Products and my paints from PaperArtsy.


I swear this frame looks like distressed metal rather than painted paper.


And these paper die cuts look just like metal with the perfect patina.


One of the coolest aspects of this artwork is that it is an interactive pop-up. Debi shares step-by-step how she made this in Cloth Paper Scissors and you can easily use her instructions to make your own unique mixed media pop-up.

BTW, a big congrats to Debi who has her studio featured in the Studio Spotlight section of the same issue of Cloth Paper Scissors.

7 comments:

Debi Adams said...

Oh my Seth, what an honor! Thank you so much for the feature. It has been my joy to work alongside you these past few years and learn new techniques from the pro. Seeing this brought awareness to how far I have come from three years ago. (Oy!😉). Your plan and vision for your products is unique and creative and I am excited to see what else is on the horizon for you. Most definitely, new “possibilities”. Now, can you pass the eps? So ready to play.

peggy gatto said...

Very nice creation!!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the projects and all your products too. Happy creating, Angela x

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous. I'm going to have to check them out on her blog.

A Pink said...

Amazing creativity by Debi . She has truly 'rocked ' your fab products Seth. Thanks for sharing Debi's talent with us all .
x

Ricki Treleaven said...

Wow, I really like Debi's art. Obviously all the products work so well together. I love the patina on the cogs (is that what they are? cogs??? gears????)

Harnett-Hargrove said...

However subdued, the three primaries always work!