Thursday, June 30, 2011

An Even Dozen


Issue number 12 of PASTICCIO QUARTZ has arrived. Sarah Fishburn and Angela Cartwright are the writers, artists, and masterminds behind this QUality ART Zine. I have always said that this publication is more than a zine and the current issue is no exception. Between the covers you will find 60-pages packed with artistic inspiration.

This issue features an interview with artist Amanda Marie Ploegsma, an article featuring ceramic artist Laurie Beth Zuckerman, and a workshop project by Suzi Blu. There are book recommendations and reviews, website recommendations, apps for artists, quotes, wordplay, recipes, and of course the Palais d'Art section which highlights the original artwork of more than 15 artists. And there seems to be endless tidbits of cool information sprinkled throughout, including info about eco-friendly products, chalkboard paint, Japanese cloth wrapping, and so much more.



And a big thank you is due to Sarah and Angela for also including a feature about Winds of Change, a collaborative project and self-published book that I completed with Roxanne Evans Stout from River Garden Studio.



You can purchase all 12 issues of Pasticcio here.

10 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

wonderful post Seth... I am just waiting for my copy... can't wait to see it!

Jill Zaheer said...

Thanks for the description of this issue of Pasticcio Quartz- it truly is an amazing treasure trove of all things art and as you say- much much more! Super congratulations to you and Roxanne on your book being showcased- it's gorgeous!!!

Lynn Cohen said...

Another book? Wow!!! All the books on this page ROCK!!!

Julie Prichard said...

Seth- is there anywhere you are not?
:)

Diane said...

Congratulations Seth! Sounds like I need a copy =)

Teri said...

Where does one find a copy of this zine? I have never seen it before. I have seen Suzi Blu's blog before but the others I am unfamiliar with. And congrats on your book. You are prolific, Seth.

Lisa said...

another great must have pub..congrats on your featured collaboration. i'm off to lulu...

Leslie said...

I love my copy of the book you and Roxanne did. You do get around my friend!

Parabolic Muse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rivergardenstudio said...

Seth, I want to thank you again for working with me on this project. I loved every minute of it, and learned so much with every page! This Pasticcio is an amazing issue! roxanne