Friday, August 17, 2012

Industrial Chic

I am part of a blog hop celebrating the launch of Susan Lenart Kazmer's website Industrial Chic.


Industrial Chic is a found object jewelry component collection designed by mixed media artist Susan Lenart Kazmer, and manufactured by Horizon Group USA. Industrial Chic was created for jewelry designers of all levels. Pendants, charms, findings, and chain are available in several finishes to mix and match to create your own individual style. The collection is available exclusively at Michaels.

When Susan asked me to be a part of the blog hop I happily joined in, although I am not a jewelry designer at all. I don't even wear a watch! But the project sounded fun as I would receive a random mix of pieces from the line and had to use them to create anything. I thought this would be a good challenge and signed on!

This is what I received...

I decided to put the ice resin aside for another, future project. Although we were allowed to add any other supplies to our creation, I decided to make it an even bigger challenge and use only the Industrial Chic materials I was sent and to use every single piece. 

I took the materials apart and let them speak to me. And in the end, Orbit was born!





There are many bloggers participating in this blog hop, each of whom received a different random set of materials. You can check out their creations at the following links:

8/12  Cindi Bisson
8/17  Seth Apter - You Are Here Now!
8/19  Tami Bayer
8/23  Jen Crossley
8/24  Eileen Hull
8/25  Pam Carriker
8/26  Sandy Martin

12 comments:

elizabeth said...

Wonderfully inventive jewelry!

Lisa H said...

There you go again: all "Renaissance man" all over the place!
SUCH a cool piece.
Way to go Sethskee.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Amazing! Mixed media at its finest.

Jill Zaheer said...

That's a wonderful creation! Now you can add accomplished jeweler to your portfolio! You've conquered another new art venue! Congratulations are definitely deserved!!

Anonymous said...

Not bad! Actually...quite good!!! Don't let the Ice Resin scare you...even I have used that!!

ersimarina said...

'Orbit' is beautiful! It's amazing how unknown techniques or materials can spur our imagination. Great work.

Cindy Cima said...

Quite a challenge to use everything you were sent and you did a terrific job! Love your Orbit!

The Backporch Artessa said...

I totally LOVE it Seth! I'm tickled that you did a non-jewelry piece! Shows how inventive and creative you are with everything you get your hands on! Insallation in a prominent spot required for Orbit!~ kari

Bill said...

It looks like you've been watching Dr. Who episodes with me over my shoulder and I didn't know it. Great art!

Tami Bayer said...

Fabulous! I love that you pulled everything apart and listened.

The Creative Beast said...

Love what you created with just what was given to you and no more. Being a bit of a space/universe fan, I love that it has a planet look to it! Well done!

~*~Patty S said...

Just discovered the blog hop Seth. What you have created is spectacular!
oxo