Monday, August 13, 2012

Survey Says.........


For those of you who have seen my book The Pulse of Mixed Media: Secrets and Passions of 100 Artists Revealed, you will already be familiar with the sidebars throughout the book that share the results of a series of survey questions I posted on my blog. For example:

Have you ever been jealous of another artist's skills?
Yes: 69%
No: 31%

Would you describe yourself as talented?
Yes, I recognize my talent: 49%
Yes, but I don't always admit it: 38%
No, I just don't feel that way: 13%

What is your most creative or productive time of day?
Morning: 41%
Afternoon: 22%
Evening: 22%
Middle of the night: 15%

I am planning on including this same feature in my second book, which I am working on now and which will be released by North Light Books in December 2013. It is important for me that the content of my books be a reflection of our community. As such, these survey questions are your opportunity to have your voice be a part of the book.

Beginning today, and continuing on every Monday for at least the next several months, I will post a series of new questions on my sidebar. Everybody is eligible to vote and I encourage you all to make your voice heard. All responses are anonymous. 

So pull back the curtain and turn the lever. It is time to vote.....


21 comments:

Rebeca Trevino said...

you ARE funny! and always fun!

Lynn Cohen said...

always excited to be a part of your adventures in any way I can.

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

LOL! I never rework a piece of art. if I don't like it, I turf it. I'm pretty good at letting go of stuff.

Also, I will sign on the front if I feel it won't ruin the esthetic of the piece. otherwise, I sign on the back. (Which is usually what ends up happening.)

Luthien Thye said...

hehehe ... i love your surveys :)

ArtPropelled said...

I enjoy your surveys too. It's very difficult for me to throw out my carved flops. Wood is so expensive! I put them in the back of a cupboard and then chop them up for wood assemblages at a later date.

audrey said...

I enjoyed the survey, Seth. Your Blog is a joy to visit. I am inching my way through, and enjoying every sentence of your first book and you're already on the second one. I know it will be just as wonderful.
audrey


Mary S. Hunt said...

i voted mr seth...and continue to enjoy you and your work!

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Done. Good Questions!

Kathryn Dyche said...

Here we go . . . . wooo hooo.

Jo Murray said...

I'm game... thanks for the opportunity Seth.

The Creative Beast said...

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in your surveys! Each question was interesting and thought-provoking as well...such as the question to sign art. As a child of course I signed my art, but as an adult, I do not feel a strong need to sign it, though some of it goes out into the world and I am generally okay with not signing my work =-)
Thanks again Seth! I look forward to seeing the final results in the future!

Lisa said...

more survey fun though multiple choice without explanation can be challenging...

bohemiannie! art said...

Ok! I done did it!

elizabeth said...

For some reason, I love answering questions about myself!

teri said...

Oooh - like taking a magazine quiz about myself! The best part of answering is that it made me a little more thoughtful about those topics.

QuinnCreative said...

Interesting questions. You come up with really thought-provoking ideas, Seth!

ooglebloops said...

I voted, and will be better at checking in on Mondays!!!!

Bill said...

The deed is done. It's not the deed I should be doing, but who wants to be doing that anyway?

lynn t said...

Love the questions.
I never thought of reworking anything that I've finished!
And I almost always sign, but it depends on the type of work whether it's signed on the front or back.

Darlene K Campbell said...

Hey I voted. Happy to be a part of this.

Anonymous said...

it's always so fun to read what "the masses" think. i'm a bit surprised on a couple of those. love your surveys and just completed this round.