Monday, August 27, 2012

Picking Portraits


This is a page from my book with a composite photo from work in the book by (from top to bottom) Danny Gregory, Pam Carriker, and Orly Avineri.

I have teamed up with CreateMixedMedia.com and North Light Books to sponsor a contest and I hope you decide to play along.

As you may already know, one artist is highlighted each week on CMM in their feature The Week as Art. That artist creates a "calendar of art" highlighting the dates of that week in an artful way. You can see the entire 2012 calendar here and even submit to be the artist of the week yourself here.

CMM is mixing things up this week. If you head on over to their home page, you will see that the current Week as Art has been designed by seven different artists using their self-portraits from my book The Pulse of Mixed Media: Secrets and Passions of 100 Artists Revealed. Or should I say...portions of their self-portraits.

So on to the contest. head on over to CMM and try to identify as many of the artists included in The Week as Art. Come back to this blog post and leave a comment with your guesses. One week from today, I will select all the comments that have included the correct answers for all 7 artists and those commenters will be entered into a drawing. I will then randomly select one to win the prize of their choice of any book from the North Light Shop.

--------------------------------

Four new survey questions have been posted on my sidebar. Head on over and speak your mind!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooh, this sounds interesting. I think I need a cup of coffee in order to wrap my brain around this, though! :)

bohemiannie! art said...

Ok...more links to click on. Sounds like fun.

Robert said...

OK, Seth, so you've posed a real mystery for us! It's Monday morning, and my brain is not totally up to speed, yet, but here are my guesses:

Sunday 26: Linda Woods
Monday 27: Gary Reef
Tuesday 28: John Borrero
Wednesday 29: Orly Avineri
Thursday 30: Karen Cole
Friday 31: Robert Maloney
Saturday 1: Pam Carriker

The Creative Beast said...

I can only guess that one of the days is Orly's work, but I am very familiar with her work!

Thanks for more intriguing questions Seth! I can't wait to see what the entire survey looks like when it's completed...

Jo Murray said...

Well that made me really study those images!!! and I agree with Robert...tho' it took me a while to find the spot on Orly's work. Great challenge.

john said...

Seth,

What fun! It was a great way to wake up my brain on an early Monday morning. I was tempted to look at the comments first to see if anyone included their answers. But I did the sleuthing first and find that my answers match Robert's.
26 - Linda Woods
27 - Gary Reef
28 - John Borrero
29 - Orly Avineri
30 - Karen Cole
31 - Robert Maloney
1 - Pam Carriker

Too much fun!

Parabolic Muse said...

I'll definitely zip over there. I'm not going to read the others' guesses first! This is going to be a challenge!

Off to vote on your sidebar, first.

Unknown said...

Such a great image here. I love it. It has hung around with me for the last few days. Thanks.

sf said...

CMM is such a cool gathering site --- I will have a little art there the week of September 16th...