Sunday, August 12, 2012

It's Still Life: Chapter 11


Welcome to the 5th edition of The Pulse -- The State of the Art -- a survey in words and pictures of the online artist community. The Pulse is a collaborative project that aims to introduce you to new artists, help you get to know familiar faces even more, and allow you access into the creative hearts and minds of a very talented crew of individuals. More than 130 artists have answered a series of questions which make up The Pulse. Their responses will be presented in a series of online posts which will run every Sunday.

Style File, Techniques & Tools, and Master Class were the first three projects posted and links to all these posts can be found on the sidebar of my blog. The fourth project, It's Still Life, continues now...


Participants were asked to photograph a still life that you create using an array of objects.
------------------------------------------
Judy Shea
"bellishments"

Martha Marshall
"Martha's Collection"

Laura Lein-Svencner

Kelly Kilmer
"A photo of my journal with scissors, glue stick, ruler, bone folder."

Donna Joy
"Tribute to Halloween"

Svetlana Spasojevic
"First aid"

Terry Rafferty
"Eventually I will paint some of these blocks - but I get totally lost in the set-ups."

Jacqueline Auvigne

Stacey Merrill
"I kept adding 'everything but the kitchen sink' to my still life...the decided to shoot the kitchen sink instead ;)"

Debrina: Debbie Price-Ewen
"Alicia Caudle and I are always sending each other parcels and this is a selection of the wonderful things she has sent me. Pure inspiration!"

Alicia Caudle
"This is a still life of some of my favorite things -- undamaged Frozen Charlottes, a Victorian era doll and head, vintage watch parts, nature bits and some of my small animal skulls."

Karin Lynn Cumming
"This still life sits in my family room. Everything I do in my home is a still life to me."
------------------------------------------
This post is the last in the "It's Still Life Series". You can always link to all the posts from my sidebar.

Join me next Sunday, August 19th, for the next project from The Pulse

13 comments:

HeARTworks said...

Interesting! I'm thinking what would I have put together! Patsy from
HeARTworks and
papemelroti

amy of studio four corners said...

mind boggling that everyone's interpretation is so different...so much variety...all so stimulating!

Judy Shea said...

Thanks, Seth. Fun to see everyone's stills... and thanks for including mine.

bohemiannie! art said...

Again, eye candy and lots of links to check out. Thanks Seth. Can't wait to see Playing Favorites.

rivergardenstudio said...

I love your still life posts! They really share so much about the artist and what they love and collect!
roxanne

Artsnark said...

Many thanks, Seth. Always fun to participate in to see what all of these creative folks are up to!

mansuetude said...

great group! I forget how much I love the old wooden blocks.

Bill said...

I love how fun these look! So much diversity, too.

Darlene K Campbell said...

Fun how Terry gets lost in the set up of blocks before he paints them. I understand!

Jo Murray said...

Thanks again for introducing me to all these wonderful artists, Seth. You have a never-ending supply of inspiration.

donna joy said...

As always, enjoy seeing what other's put together-all inspiring in their own way!

Anonymous said...

oooh, i love this post! the photos are so gorgeous! i'm going to go back and see what i've missed -- i've been traveling a lot lately and got quite behind. so this is like christmas to me! thank you so much for all that you do, seth! xx

Mrs Pretzel said...

I love these pictures... it's so cool to see everyone's bits and collections displayed so beautifully!