Friday, August 10, 2012

#PulseParty

You are all invited to a party. A Twitter party. Earlier in the year I held a Twitter Launch Party to celebrate the release of The Pulse of Mixed Media. The tweets flew fast and furious and we all had so much fun. I knew at that time that I would be hosting more parties on Twitter and the next one is now on the schedule.


Join me and many of your favorite art bloggers in a "real time" conversation on Tuesday August 21st on Twitter from 9-10pm EST. Everybody is welcome, but you need to have a Twitter account to join in. For this party, all tweets need to include the hashtag #PulseParty.

Like any party, you need directions to get there. There are two routes that you can take:

1. If you already use (or are willing to join) a Twitter client such as TweetDeck or HootSuite, you can sign up to follow the hashtag #PulseParty. In doing so, all the tweets that include #PulseParty will automatically show up on your account. But...so will all the other tweets you normally get. Remember, at the party you must type in the words #PulseParty for your tweets to be seen.

2. If you join TweetChat, you can spend the hour in a TweetChat room where you will only be able to see the tweets from people at the party and no other tweets from those people you follow. Signing up is quick and easy and I highly recommend this approach, even if you already use TweetDeck or HootSuite. You can try it out now.

It is simple. Sign up with TweetChat in advance here by linking your Twitter account. When the party starts, sign into your TweetChat account and enter hashtag #PulseParty. This will automatically take you to a "private room" where all the other partygoers will be. Chat in real time for the hour and when the party is over, just close the page.

Everyone is invited. Please spread the word. No need to RSVP. This is one party where you can just show up!

If you have any questions at all about this, please feel free to email me.

11 comments:

Marit said...

Hahaaa... that will be between 3 and 4 am overhere... don't know if I can make that Seth. We'll see - with a big load of coffee and maybe some chocolate bars I might be able to stay awake that long ;)

bohemiannie! art said...

Ya'all have fun! I'm not sure I'll be able to learn HOW to twitter by then!

Kathryn Dyche said...

Seth, would love to join in but we hope to be moving house around then and I don't think I'll be all set up in time. Have fun.

ART*ticulation said...

I'd love to join the party but my twitter account has been hacked and I'm waiting the 30 days to start another account
: >(

ART*ticulation said...

I'd love to join the party but my twitter account has been hacked and I'm waiting the 30 days to start another account
: >(

Jo Murray said...

Sounds great Seth... but I've managed to avoid Twitter so far, and can't imagine I need more social media to deal with. Too daunting by far.

Anonymous said...

ooooh, it's so nice to find out there's something i DIDN'T miss! i'll be there! it's dinner time here so i'll make the guys cook or get take-out so i can join in on the fun without distraction. in the meantime, i'll figure twitter out. currently it's just set up to auto-post my blogs for me. i'm a noob.

Juliana Coles said...

Dear Artists,
I look forward to learning more about you and your artwork!

Leslie said...

I'm planning on it --tweet novice that I am

Leslie said...

I'm planning on it --tweet novice that I am

Laura said...

Hi Seth..thank you but I'll have to pass at this time but hope you all have a great time.
~v~Laura