Saturday, August 18, 2012

Teaching Text Tiles


On Friday, September 7th from 6-9pm I will be teaching my workshop Text Tiles at Little Bird Creations in NYC. 

Text Tiles
Learn to work small with a big impact. In this workshop we will create mixed media paintings on a small scale using 4 x4 and 6x6 cradled wood panels. Even though this class is project-based, the emphasis will be on technique. You will learn a series of approaches to make layered and textured surfaces, which can be applied to an endless number of projects. We will be using text as the main foreground component of each painting, so you will be expressing yourself both in words and visual design.


Little Bird Creations is a new studio space in Manhattan opened by Michele Luxenberg. Upcoming workshops are being taught by Ingrid Dijkers, Dawn Devries Sokol, and other mixed media and scrapbooking artists. In order to view information about and register for workshops at Little Bird Creations, you have to go through their site on Meetup and sign up as a meetup member.

4 comments:

this site said...

Textile, meaning woven fabrics, are the basis for items in our daily lives. We come in contact with clothing, bedding and carpets on a daily basis. Seat covers in our automobiles and towels in our bathrooms are all pieces of the textile industry. Teaching the types of modern textiles, whether man-made or natural, is typically and artistic adventure for the entire class as you explore the texture and feel the varieties.


bohemiannie! art said...

Sounds like you're in GReat company! I love the name of your workshop.

Betsi Goutal said...

I love these! How cool. Alas, Manhattan is too far for me. You should come to Massachusetts. I'm sure Ink About It or Absolutely Everything would love to have you. :)

Darlene K Campbell said...

Well, Seth, You have alerted me that I have some cradle boards sitting on the shelf waiting to be used. I may have to create on one and pretend I'm there with you all. (I know, not as good as the real thing, huh?)