Monday, May 25, 2015

The Wonders of Whidbey

After my 2-day class at the Pacific NorthWest Art School in the town of Coupeville on Whidbey Island off the coast of Washington state, I stayed on to teach a 5-day collaborative workshop with Orly Avineri called If Walls Could Talk. This was more like an experience than a class.

The workshop was held off-site at the Pacific Rim Institute, the perfect backdrop for a week of creativity.

We were surrounded by beauty of both the natural and the manmade kind. These pheasant coops provided much inspiration and exploration.

The space we worked in was comfortable, large...

...and was filled with natural light.

We painted with abandon.

 We explored the beauty of the island...

...and all its mysteries.

There was laughter. There were tears. There was art.

And in the end...there was group of artists that were forever connected.

10 comments:

elle said...

gosh! I have a son in Seattle and if I can ever get you and him on the same calendar page... :)

Maureen said...

My friend Kathleen said she met you. I'll be waiting for that hug she sent.

Looks like a great place for a workshop.

Anonymous said...

Magical images to reflect magical experiences.
Forever grateful...
XO
Orly

layers said...

Hi Seth, I taught a workshop last fall in the exact same building there in Coupeville... looks like you and Orly had a wonderful time... you are right, the island is beautiful.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Sounds GREAT! thanks for sharing, Seth!

Anonymous said...

As a fortunate player I send you loads of gratitude Seth and Orly! It was the finest art week that I've ever had. Deep thank yous!!! xO

Kay Wallace said...

And, when you students leave you, they are empowered!

PocketSize said...

It's all so beautiful! I'm glad everybody had such a good time. I got to hear all about it from my mom :)

Jackie PN said...

Lovely photos Seth! Looks like a beautiful place to visit! And I love the place where you held the workshop- splendid room for creating! ")

Linda said...

Your photos are lovely!