Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Artist Call - Update 1


I would like to thank all of you for your amazing response to my recent announcement about and call for entries for my upcoming book. I have received hundreds of emails and comments and feel such gratitude that people are responding so enthusiastically to the project. Submissions have already been coming in. It has been truly fascinating to see both the variety of answers to the questions as well as the artwork created in response to the prompts. My hope is to create a book that is honest, authentic and raw, and the submissions so far fit the bill.

There have been a number of questions being asked and I thought I would use this post to outline and clarify some issues.

Artists working in all media are welcome to submit. I am looking to represent the whole of the artist community and therefore want to showcase a wide range of styles and formats.

This is an international call and there are no geographical limitations to submitting artists.

To be considered for inclusion, artwork must be new and cannot have been "published" anywhere before, including online. As such, you cannot post your submitted artwork on your blog. However, my publisher has said that you can post a glimpse of up to 30% of any submission online.

Please remember to include with all submissions your name as you would like it to appear, your email (which will not be published), your hometown, and one web url.


As many have guessed, the survey questions that have appeared on the sidebar of my blog since September are in fact for the book. If you have not yet answered the 4 current questions, please head there now and do so. This, and every Thursday, new questions will be posted.

Remember, you can always click the "call for entries" icon on the top of the sidebar of my blog to be taken back to the original call for entries.

I am so excited about this project and know with your participation, we can all create a true collaborative book together. Thank you!

8 comments:

Beanie Mouse said...

Thanks for the clarity......'twas as suspected!!!

Thespa McLaughlin said...

Thanks so much, hope you have a great day!

stregata said...

So looking forward to the results!

Marit said...

It isn't a surprise to me that so many artists wanted to collaborate Seth! You have a way that gets everyone together and be included in your special atmosphere!

Lynn Cohen said...

I just did a piece for a different challege that I thought would fit your challenge as well. So far I have not posted but a glimpse on any blog. However, for how long can this not be posted on any blog? Until the book is published?
If so I might have to make something else for one or the other of these two challenges!

Anonymous said...

hundreds hey! that is just fantastic!!

Caterina Giglio said...

thanks for the update! : )

Unknown said...

Hundreds! Seth you must be so excited. I'm so happy for you. I'm sure this book, though hard in the editing process will be a joy for you.

I can't believe the go-getters already turning in their work!! I'm just now "really" looking at the questions. And still thinking about what I'll paint and with oils or acrylics!