Sunday, November 28, 2010

StudioScapes: Chapter 12


Welcome to the fourth edition of The Pulse -- The State of the Art -- a survey in words and pictures of the online artist community. Nearly 150 artists have answered a list of questions which make up The Pulse. Their responses will be presented as a series of online and print projects. Links to the first two projects, Secret Sunday and The Book Guild, can be found on the sidebar of my blog.


StudioScapes is the third project and Chapter 12 starts right now! All artists participating in The Pulse were asked to submit a photograph of a favorite art-related vignette from their home or studio.
_______________



My studio is in The Liberties area in Dublin City. It's a drafty Old Victorian building that has twenty resident artists there at present  This is a shot of a work 'When Your Talking Machine Glides' hanging on the beautiful iron arched window in my studio (studio 11) there.
_______________



My studio
_______________


_______________



This is my $20.00 easel, and my plastic art storage stand that holds my pastels. I live in a very small house and do not have a studio space, so when I want to draw, I just pull up a chair to my easel and work. When I am not using it, it is flush with the wall.
_______________


A wall in my studio
_______________



My stand up light table. I bought it from my former employer at the Casper Star Tribune back in the day when we did paste up by hand. It has been modified to the correct height and I use it with a tractor seat type chair that you lean into and not stand at.
_______________



My morning workspace.
_______________

Thanks for spending the last 12 Sundays with The Altered Page, visiting the studios of these wonderful artists. Today marks the last posting of this series. But swing by next Sunday, as the next project fromThe Pulse begins. And remember that you can always find the links to the first three projects (Secret Sunday, The Book Guild, StudioScapes) on the sidebar of this blog.

December 5, 2010

11 comments:

Jacky said...

I love seeing everyones studio, their creative spaces...mostly I work at the kitchen table (which today is covered with my art supplies, journals, sewing maching....the Christmas rush!!!). Too messy to show.

Loved the previous post. Some amazing artists! Lots of inspiration here as always.

Jacky xox

Kathryn Dyche said...

I've really enjoyed seeing such wonderfully diverse work spaces. It's a shame Studioscapes are ending but I'm looking forward to seeing what the next project entails.

TBM said...

Seth, there is nothing I like better than having a peek into other artists' studios. Thanks to you and the other artists, I got my fix for today :-)

PS I loved seeing my Dutch studio up there! We've moved back to England and I find myself missing that art nest. Cheers from the UK!

Parabolic Muse said...

This was a really fun installment, and I look forward to the next. I love finding out about other artists and their lives and style.

Andrea Dixon said...

Great weekend post as always. Love seeing all the great spaces that artists make for themselves to work in.

Kathryn Costa said...

It is fun to see a "snapshot" of what my work table looked like a year ago. I'll have to take more photos over time to capture the spaces behind-the-art.

Rebeca Trevino said...

Seth - who knew? With each installment I've found that although we all have different spaces to work in, the 'elements' are always similar, no matter if it's a simple kitchen table or a giant loft in NYC. As artists we tend to fashion what surrounds us in a way that allows our creativity to take over as we make our space our own. I really enjoyed being a small part of this chapter.

San said...

I love getting a glimpse into people's work spaces, seeing the variety of settings. It's inspiring.

Karen Cole said...

Always love looking at other studios. It is absolutely a window into the soul of an artist.

Geez, I am exhausted be everything you do Seth.....Wish I could have seen the art shows the last two weeks.
Did you see Rauschenburg?

Dayna Collins said...

Darn, I hate to see the studio shots come to an end. I have really enjoyed the imagery.

Marit said...

I enjoyed all the little peeks into the artists studios Seth! THanks to all the participants to give me inspiration by showing their workspaces! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next week!