Sunday, November 7, 2010

StudioScapes: Chapter 9


Welcome to the fourth edition of The Pulse -- The State of the Art -- a survey in words and pictures of the online artist community. Nearly 150 artists have answered a list of questions which make up The Pulse. Their responses will be presented as a series of online and print projects. Links to the first two projects, Secret Sunday and The Book Guild, can be found on the sidebar of my blog.


StudioScapes is the third project and Chapter 9 starts right now! All artists participating in The Pulse were asked to submit a photograph of a favorite art-related vignette from their home or studio.
_______________




_______________




My studio : organized chaos

_______________



_______________




While the photo isn't great, the view from my bed reminds me that I have created some pieces that I love. Sometimes I place unfinished pieces on the ledges until they inform me the direction they want to take.

_______________




From my art room.

______________





“Claudia’s Jewels” – work table shot after I cut the paper canvas into three pieces for mounting on stretched canvas panels.

_______________



_______________




_______________



______________




My view from where I work in winter.

13 comments:

lyle baxter said...

seth, it is such fun to see each persons bit of inspiration. as you look you think" well, this one is so neat " etc. and those thoughts might be totally wrong!I found the snow scene to be the most inspiring!

Leslie said...

Oh, I love seeing where everyone does their magic!

Harnett-Hargrove said...

Thanks for the inclusion...
great peeps! -J

Parabolic Muse said...

You know what's cool? The different types of images each person decides to include!

jill Z said...

Again, love the wide variety of inclusions that people submitted. Each is so unique - which goes to show us how vast and all encompassing the art world is. Another sunday treat to put smiles on my face! Thanks again for creating this special gallery of vignettes for us!

stregata said...

Oh, these are so wonderful. I have to go back and look at them all some more.

Jen Crossley said...

Seth I so Love seeing where people create and its thanks to people like you Seth who take the time to seek people to share there thoughts and Loves of art to share with us all Thank you

Kathryn Dyche said...

More great spaces, it's inspiring to see where others choose to create, their tools and their views. Such a great diverse collection.

Anonymous said...

fabulous seth.. wonderful to see where people create!

iHanna said...

This series of photos is so yummy, thanks for sharing these views of other people's art space! Love it!

Karin Bartimole said...

inspiring views from inspiring folks - always fun to see. Thanks Seth!!

Anonymous said...

ooh, i am loving the huge array of wonderful studio photos you've been sharing. these are just as magnificent and inspiring as the last. this is so much fun and i thank you, seth!

layers said...

I am beginning to see one feature in all the wonderful studios you have been posting-- that most other artists are much more organized and clean in their studios than I am.