Sunday, November 14, 2010

StudioScapes: Chapter 10


Welcome to the fourth edition of The Pulse -- The State of the Art -- a survey in words and pictures of the online artist community. Nearly 150 artists have answered a list of questions which make up The Pulse. Their responses will be presented as a series of online and print projects. Links to the first two projects, Secret Sunday and The Book Guild, can be found on the sidebar of my blog.


StudioScapes is the third project and Chapter 10 starts right now! All artists participating in The Pulse were asked to submit a photograph of a favorite art-related vignette from their home or studio.
_______________



_______________



This is a photo of my untidy desk.
_______________



This is my digital art area. I create my work on an Apple iMac. You can see some of my bins full of what my wife calls junk, though. It's actually ephemera for collage work. It's also where I spend a lot of time writing.
_______________



Art journal pages on my worktable.
_______________



Hand-dyed paper with Alicia's friendship book she did for me on top (this book inspired the colours).
_______________



Art-related Vignette from my home.
_______________



My desks (yep - i am fortunate enough to have 2 work areas) are never empty, there are piles of things everywhere. piles of journals, fabric, art supplies, papers, wood.
_______________



Getting a pattern ready to marble on paper.
_______________



I love to make art with my daughter.

10 comments:

LaWendula said...

Thank you so much for your work, dear Seth!
I am honoured to find my workspace here.

stregata said...

Love these vignettes, as always. And some serious cabinett-envy related to the first pic!! LOL

elle said...

There is something wonderfully inspiring in all these varied photos. But how encouraging that we all start from the same place, the beginning. Thanks, Seth.

jill z said...

It doesn't get any better than this! What a gallery/
vignette/studio tour. Just the best! And yes, some serious cabinet adornment here!!

Lynn Cohen said...

I truly enjoy seeing other's work spaces...I even get ideas from looking at these tidbits of artwork left laying around. I got a chuckle out of seeing one of the artists had your blog up on her computer screen too~

Bill said...

I am so jealous of Leslie's beautiful wood storage! I am also happy to see that other people have messy art areas. :O)

Lisa said...

great spaces..all so unique yet inspiring! awesome cabinet Leslie!

Julie Shackson said...

Leslie Marsh's studio is my absolute favourite kind of space! Love antiques/vintage cabinetry; so much more soul than the new. Thanks for posting them!

Leslie said...

Hey Seth! It is so fun to see everyone's space and how they organize their stuff. Thanks for including me!

Unknown said...

My very favorite thing to do...to PEEK into peoples spaces.

thanks!!