Saturday, August 27, 2016

Documented Life Project 2016

Excited to be a featured artist for the Documented Life Project 2016. 


This year, DLP is focused on the unPlanner and is all about simplicity. The brief was to create a Pocket Art Card measuring 2.5 x 3.5 inches using my favorite number as the theme. You can read more about the project here and see my step-by-step tutorial below.

I started with a playing card...

I added a layer of black gesso to the surface...

Using PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics, I covered the surface with a variety of colors...

I adhered pieces of my Spellbinders Drip Drop die cut, and outlined them with a black gel pen to make them pop. I also used the gel pen to add a border to the edge of the card...

Given my love of circles, the number 8 has always been special to me. Using rub-ons, I embellished the card with several 8s...

The back of the card, also painted with black gesso, is now waiting for journaling, listing or plannering.

--------------------

Click here to see projects from both guest artists and your DLP hosts.

8 comments:

Sandi Keene said...

Seth, thank you for joining us today as Featured Artist. We love having a male perspective. Your PAC is great! Love the drippy circle stencil and the chalky colors. Very cool!

Rae Missigman said...

so amazing and so you Seth which is just what I had hoped for....you never disappoint. I love that drippy die cut so much. I have been seeing that pop up here and there and it always catches my eye! Lovely! The little line of 8's is great...as are the chalky colors...hmmm. I guess I love it all, true to form. Thank you for joining us again this year!

Monica said...

Love your simple PAC. thanks for joining us.

elle said...

Well, that certainly PAC's a lot of punch! ;^)

Jo Murray said...

Well done Setho!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

VERY cool

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Ohhhhh very nice....

Jackie PN said...

Nice! Digging the palette on here!