Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happenings


Sending thanks to all of you for your enthusiastic response to the release of my book. I am having the time of my life right now and it has been so satisfying to see that people have responded so positively to The Pulse of Mixed Media. For those of you who have a copy of the book, I would so appreciate it if you would take a few minutes and leave a review on Amazon to help me spread the word!

I continue to add events to both my online and live schedule for the book tour. Go here for live events and here for online events. And you can always see where I will be by clicking on the links on the sidebar of my blog.
------------------------------------------



A reminder to all tweeters: Join me tonight for the Twitter Launch Party to celebrate the release of The Pulse of Mixed Media. The party will be held from 9-10pm EST and the list of confirmed guests keep growing. You will have a chance to chat live with many of your favorite contributors from the book: Angela Cartwright, Judy Wilkenfeld, Julie Prichard, Lelainia Lloyd, Holly Dean, David Hayes, Denise Aumick, Susan Tuttle, Linda Woods, Trish Baldwin Seggebruch, Laura Quilligan, Bridgette Guerzon Mills, and more. All the info you need to attend the party can be found here.

Please note: in order for everybody at the party to see your tweets, you must make sure that your Twitter account is not set to 'protected' for at least the hour that the party takes place.
------------------------------------------


There is still time to respond to my open call for art to be part of my newest project related to The Pulse. I have selected 3 questions that were asked of the artists in the book, and am now asking all of you to answer these questions by creating 5" x 5" artworks. There is no judge or jury. All submissions will be posted on my blog and select pieces will travel with me and be displayed on my book tour. There is no official deadline for this project but expect an announcement that one day in April, submissions will no longer be accepted. All the info you need to submit is found here.
------------------------------------------


Once a month, David Hayes from Clearer Reflections holds a collaborative online project called 'Dave's App Recipe Book Project.' The brief: take a picture and edit the picture using your App(s) of choice on an iDevice -- and not on your Mac or PC. The participants share their image and their App recipe on their blogs. Dave then lists all the participants links on his blog. Head on over to check out all the contributions. And it is not too late to participate yourself!

Today I decided to share an altered image of the Chrysler Building, one of the many iconic sites from my hometown, NYC. On this beautiful, 70 degree day in March, I thought celebrating NYC was the perfect thing to do. Single App used: Snapseed

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Like it!!! Thanks again for putting an image together for the Recipe Book...the more the merrier my grandmother would say!

Unknown said...

Stellar!

Holly Dean Artist said...

Great image, Seth! Enjoy this amazing weather :) See you tonight on Twitter!

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

Seth, that building is my most favourite in all the world. There is nothing quite like it anywhere else.

Parabolic Muse said...

I'll be reviewing your book on Barnes and Noble, and maybe Amazon if I can get past the fact that it's Amazon, and I will have it on my blog, and I bought an extra copy and nailed it to the tree outside with a big note saying, "Required Reading". So.

Frankly, I'm exhausted.

Jill Zaheer said...

Stunning photo Seth and over the top twitter party! Thanks for the invite!

Anonymous said...

Love Snapseed. Great image!

Parabolic Muse said...

Seth, I've been (cue violins) SO busy I cannot take on one more thing, but Dave's project is so intriguing I must go over there and see what's been going on.

I loved that Twitter party! You did an awesome job of attending to all of our needs, although my coffee could have used a warm-up.

Carol said...

So, Snapseed. Will have to check it out. Great photo, Seth. I feel like a real novice with my photos but I'm enjoying Dave's recipes very much.

Anonymous said...

i wish i were not so slow or out of a computer for a week and a half. poos. but there is still so much fun to have so i wish refrain from getting too upset. :)