Saturday, December 16, 2017

Make it Your Own: 23

For the last several years, I have begun to collaborate with a number of companies to develop a collection of products to be used by artists and crafters. It has been a fascinating process and one that has brought me much creative satisfaction. My lines now include stencils, stamps, dies, paints and more.

It has been important to me to create products that work together. So when you add to your collection with one of my new releases, you can actually use these new items seamlessly with your old. For example, my stamps and wood chips with PaperArtsy and many of my stamps from Impression Obsession are designed to be used with my stencils from StencilGirl Products which are sized to fit with my dies from Spellbinders. It is a recipe for creative success.



I just came across a post from Claudia Neubacher,  part of a blog hop for StencilGirl Products and Emerald Creek Craft Supplies, that I thought shared the perfect example of my theory in action. For that reason -- and simply because I loved it -- I wanted to share her creation, which perfectly combines my stencils, dies and stamps. Please show Claudia some love and visit her post to see a step-out tutorial on the making of this piece and even more pictures. And if you get there before 12/19, you can also join a giveaway!






8 comments:

Claudia N. said...

Aw! Thank you so much for sharing my project, Seth! I feel truly honoured and am so happy that you like it so much. I love your artwork and designs and how your dies, stamps and stencils help creating projects that look as if they were just "meant to be" - everything slips in place almost automatically and the depth that can be achieved by combining them, is just so amazing! Putting this together was so rewarding and the process felt just so "natural". I always have a great time at my studio desk, when playing with your "stuff"!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays from Vienna, Austria!
Claudia x

Mary C. Nasser said...

LOVE Claudia's traveler's notebook! Also love the way your products coordinate and are the perfect fit with one another! Right now, I'm hooked on combining your stencil designs with your wood chips and die cuts!! Such fun! Thank you for making your designs available for us to enjoy, Seth!

Tristan Robin said...

Adore this cover ... and everything about it! The colors, the textures, the composition of course, and all the way she's married your stencils and dies into what would seem to be a piece of art with totally original ingredients. I am especially enamored of the bright and cheerful colors used - maybe it's this festive season LOL. But, I find that all-too-often mixed media work becomes too muddy and dark and 'moody' for my PERSONAL taste. This just fits the bill!
Thanks so much for sharing it. I'm going to try and 'swipe' the photo to use as my desktop screensaver!
Hope you have a marvelous holiday, Seth! Sparkle! Shimmer! Glimmer! Gleam!

Redanne said...

I do love Claudia's work and this creation is no exception, she has combined your products beautifully. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season Seth! Anne x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great project from Claudia. Have a lovely Christmas Seth. Angela x

Jackie PN said...

I have been a huge fan of Claudia's art for years now and with this piece- she proved no disappointment! Claudia totally rocked it out with yours and emerald Creeks products! Love!
Jackie ")

A Pink said...

Be still my beating heart♥♥♥ This is absolutely Incredible ,Claudia. You have , without doubt, showcased Seth's fab products superbly. This has definitely got the WOW factor. x

sarascloset said...

Love seeing Claudia's work featured here. She has certainly showcased your products seamlessly, along with the others. Thank you for sharing this! Merry Christmas!