Saturday, May 24, 2008

Collaborative glimpses and ations

So far 2008 has been all about collaboration. I have been busy working on a number of collaborative projects that I have recently started and have plans to embark on additional ones later in the year. To me these projects bring about a sense of excitation...there is always anticipation when waiting to receive the most recent work that your partner has completed and to see how the project has evolved...there is constant creation going on as the project changes and evolves with each mailing...there is hesitation when working on someone else's artwork, not always being sure if they will appreciate your addition...there is motivation to do your best work since you are contributing to your partner's vision...there is constant visual stimulation to be had in being able to repeatedly see and touch another artist's creations...and there are always high expectations regarding the outcome of the project and the completed piece.

So now for the presentation. Here are a few glimpses of some of the work I have recently completed in several different collaborative projects. As always, click to enlarge.













Here are some glimpses of the amazing pages started or added to by Sarah in my nature journal:









12 comments:

ps pirro said...

These are gorgeous (she wrote, in appreci-ation).

Gillian McMurray said...

I hope you will forgive me for saying it but this is turning into a cruel and unusual punishment. These all look so beautiful. It is driving me nuts not being able to see them in all their glory. ;o) Have you used tissue papers on the ones that look crinkled (photos 5 & 6 from the top)? I love that texture.

Sarah Whitmire said...

Wow, it's really fun seeing the close up detail shots it's like looking at the pieces in a whole new light. Are you planning on showing the full completed pages when we are finished? :)

Sarah Whitmire

Judy said...

sneak peaks seem like they are all the rage these days. They look wonderful and so textural, cant wait to see them in total. All that you said about collaboratives rings very true.

papercracker said...

Love the texture in your last two pics (#5 & 6) and the last two of Sarah's contributions (#10 & 11).
You guys should have some fabulous artwork when your collaboration is over. Congratul-ations

azirca said...

What a collection of sneak peeks, look at all of those fabulous textures, tones and layers!
The last photo of Sarah's work looks interesting, it really caught my eye.

Steph said...

Great textures!

rivergardenstudio said...

Oh Seth, these are beautiful, I love the close up of SOIL and its definition! I was camping this weekend so I could not check my mail. I can hardly wait to see if your book is there tomorrow! Isn't art incredible, and how it can inspire us...Roxanne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your collages (and more) remind me of Tapies a bit, especially the one with an x on it, but also different and very evocative.

That billboard comp in your next post is stunning!

Chris said...

Oh, wow. I just love so many of these, and I know of one I'm going to make my desktop, it's so gorgeous. And I haven't decided if I'm going to say it's mine. But I do know I'm going to try to make something as pretty. Tall order!

girlgonethreadwild said...

Wow. Seth, sew nice to 'meet' you. Been finding your links on eb's blog and thoroughly Xcited to pop in here and jump right into your work!

The texture is out-of-this-world!

Dream-like...

I want to just take hold of these pages and TOUCH and every crease, dripping, and INCH.

FABULOUS.

~Monica :)

Karen Cole said...

I now crown you the king of sneak peeks and the texture guru.