Monday, January 19, 2009

A Visit to AC


In response to my previous posting, somebody left an anonymous comment asking me to post a photo of Alpha Centauri, a piece from my Star series that I added directly to Etsy without posting on my blog.


This is the only piece of the series which was made completely with found objects, including the piece of plastic it was created on. And the only one that includes both metal and rubber found objects as well. Alpha Centauri is the brightest star in the southern constellation of Centaurus. It appears to be a single star when seen from Earth. However, it is actually a triple star and this is represented in the piece by the use of the three found, circular objects.

Thank you for all your positive feedback to this series. Turns out it is as much fun to actually use found objects in my art as it is to simply just look at them!


Vega - upper right hand corner of this mosaic - is still available in Etsy.

Sold. Thank you!

19 comments:

Barb Smith said...

You know how much I love this entire series, Seth...AC is certainly a gorgeous one!
Peace & Love,
~Barb~
http://craft-therapy.blogspot.com

Shayla said...

Great series, Seth. Glad you posted this last one. It has impact.

Unknown said...

I like the image of the series all together...it's very inspiring!

Kim Mailhot said...

Seth - these make up a simply just a "heavenly" body of work ! Wow for the mosaic of them all together as well. Just gorgeous.

Karen Cole said...

Yes, it's a great series of work Seth. I certainly can identify with your feeling on loving to collect AND use your collection.

TBM said...

Seth, this is a beautiful, ethereal series. I've enjoyed every one of your lovely found metal creations. Thank you for sharing them with us!

papercracker said...

Hi Seth, I really loved this Star series and can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Your comment on using your found objects rather than just viewing them really hit home for me. I have been hoarding a number of "finds" which I am going to have to start playing with.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Debbie of Senses Engaged

3rdEyeMuse said...

Seth, do you ever sell prints of the pieces? I think the whole series together makes a pretty remarkable image. :)

Gwen Buchanan said...

I am really loving your explorations, Seth... you are so productive...

Gaby Bee said...

This series is oustanding, Seth!
Very inspiring.
Gaby xo

rivergardenstudio said...

Your work is beautiful, I love your found objects and the way you wire them to the backgrounds. Also picturing them together in a mosaic is incredible. Roxanne

Susan Tuttle said...

these are so earthy and beautiful Seth!

Julia Farley said...

Whee-Ha! I love the montage of all of the pieces. Very Powerful! Great Work, Seth!

Julia

Anonymous said...

The series looks so beautiful pictured together!! Mailed your 'treasure' box yesterday! :>)

jo horswill said...

I was hoping you would post a montage of the series...and here it is. Love it :)

Lynn Cohen said...

Beautiful collage of found "junk"...love it very much.

ArtPropelled said...

The Sun is my favourite piece but I think Alpha Centauri is a close second. As for the montage...it is phenomenal! I have thoroughly enjoyed this series Seth.

Ro Bruhn said...

Circles are my favourite shape so this series really appeals to me. I love the variety of finishes in this piece, just divine.

p said...

the alpha piece is xtrmly satisfying to look at. it feels good.
i'm liking all this new work...all those round rusty pieces are my idea of perfection.