Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Week Links: 87

Join me every Sunday when I share some of my favorite links I discovered in the previous week. Earlier posts in the series can be found here.

And here is Week 87...


1. What's on your desk? 6 artists share their desk space with you.


2. And speaking of work spaces...how about 100 famous artist studios.

Francis Bacon

Alexander Calder

3. Totally in love with this artwork from Mary Beth Shaw. And you will never believe how she made it.


4. Really excited to head to the Grolier Club in NYC to see Blooks -- an exhibition of things that look like books but aren't books.


5. I am always mesmerized by whatever Elena Nuez posts.


6. Instagram love: Amy Duncan from Four Corners Design. Love the simplicity of her vignettes.


7. Juts in case you missed it: my top ten trends in mixed media for winter 2016.

11 comments:

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

Another great set of links! I've always been intrigued by artist's studios. Alexander Calder's space was always a talking point for us! Beauty from chaos? Have a good day.

MB Shaw said...

Some of those studios are insane! I don't know if I could work surrounded by so much stuff - it might (oddly) register as white noise after awhile?
Thanks so much for featuring my art :)

Brian Kasstle said...

I have sort of started a new ritual. I like to get up Sunday early before the rest of the house and your weekly links are a part of that with a cup of coffee and the Sunday Times.

Karenliz Henderson said...

Loved this post. I love looking at artists studios. So fun and inspirational!

elle said...

The studios were revealing but I spent most of my time at Elena's. :)

Carol said...

So enjoyed browsing thru these links today! Wonderful!

Jo Murray said...

A great bunch. I'm delighted to see how many artists work in a mess...it's encouraging. The concept of Blooks is very appealing.

Kay Wallace said...

A great variety of places today, Seth, but I have to admit loving to "peep" into others' spaces so those were my favorites! Since I have only created on a flat craft table, I am in awe of those who create on an easel, or worse, the floor! As always, thanks for sharing!

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

Thanks for keeping me in touch, Seth. I love your blog. and Francis Bacon and Calder

Pawsitively Creative said...

Such a fun and inspiring post! Happy to have found you on IG and now your blog. Wonderful highlights you have showcased here and so many amazing artists! Awesome sauce! Can't wait to see more!

Kelley said...

I feel positively organized comparing my space with some of those artists-I thought I was messy! Loved the link.

Shine on!
Kelley