Saturday, January 13, 2018

Heat Embossed Stenciling Video Tutorial


Rocky Road, one of my seven new embossing powders for artists from Emerald Creek, is a textured blend of blacks, taupes, grays, and clear powders. 


When melted, it creates a rough and textured surface with a sheen. The best of both worlds.


This artwork is an example of combining heat embossing with stenciling, using Rocky Road Baked Texture and my Techno Circle stencil from StencilGirl Products.


It is a simple technique that provides a non-traditional way to use both your EPs and your stencils. The look you get is completely different when you use a stencil as a focal image versus when you use it as a background element. Click on the video below to see just how easy the process is. You can get more details on the whole line of Baked Texture here.


Destination

8 comments:

A Pink said...

Top technique, Seth and what a cool stencil to use to show off the fabulous Rocky Road baked texture. This one 'got me' from the get go and I can't wait to get cooking! Thanks for sharing the demo and your amazing 'Destination' work of art.
have a great weekend
x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Seth, we're away from home at the moment but I've been watching you when I get the chance, with the new embossing powders and can't wait to get my hands on some. Happy creative weekend, Angela xxx

Deb said...

Fabulous Seth, love the Rocky Road Baked Texture, wonderful colour and texture! I can never forget the first time I ever saw embossing powder melted onto a card, it was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen and I still marvel at it each time I use it. Very excited to get your powders and play, thanks for sharing your video! Deb xo

Lynda Shoup said...

I really enjoyed watching this video. That transformation the embossing powder makes when heated is just fabulous! Can't wait to try it myself.

CarrieStephenson said...

Enjoying your video tutorials. Looking forward to the release of Baked Texture and using them with your stencils that I already own.

Tristan Robin said...

These are terrific mini-workshop tutorial videos you're making...enjoying them immensely. The problem is, you've got me all excited to play with this stuff - now get those order out! :P

(I thought that encaustic-look color was going to be my favorite, but now, I don't know - Rocky Road looks pretty special, too!

Karen said...

love love love it all!! can't wait to see it live and in color.

myrepeatingpatterns.wordpress.com said...

That is so cool. I really love the look of the thick embossing powder and the texture is so interesting! It would add so much to any project.