Tuesday, October 22, 2013

30/30: Jeane Myers



30 artists...30 days. Spend the month of October with me at The Altered Page to meet the 30 spotlight artists in my book The Mixed-Media Artist: Art Tips, Tricks, Secrets and Dreams from Over 40 Amazing Artists. See them in action in their studios, read their 'quirky' bios written in their own words, see some of their art that led me to invite them to be a part of my book, and hear my story of what they each mean to me. Then click on over to their sites and see what they have to say about The Mixed-Media Artist.


------------------------------------
"When you realize that you are wired a bit differently and/or see the world through different glasses, the challenge becomes staying balanced and finding your unique voice.



The creative process has done that for me."


------------------------------------
I love many different types of art styles but contemporary abstract work, particularly when it is layered and textural, holds a special place in my heart. And the artwork that is created by Jeane is a perfect example. Like all great abstract painting, her pieces tell a story without the use of anything figurative or representational. Those of you who follow her blog know that part of her process is working and reworking her art over and over again. She is fearless that way. And as a result, she creates a sense of history and time in all her work - literally and figuratively.

Jeane and I have connected online, on the phone and in person, in both NYC and Washington. To me, Jeane is an artist's artist. She inspires me and pushes me. She asks the questions that need to be asked to move both herself and others to a deeper, more meaningful level as an artist. One of her pieces hangs in my studio by my worktable. It has always been a great reminder to me to do the work I need to do to get better.
------------------------------------
GIVEAWAY

For every comment you leave in October on one of the 30/30 posts on my blog, you will have that many chances to win a signed copy of The Mixed Media Artist. I will be giving away a total of 3 copies. The more comments you leave, the more chances you have (but only 1 per post please). Please make sure I have a way to contact you. Winners will be announced in early November. 

45 comments:

Phillipa said...

Love Jeanes work :)

Unknown said...

Love those textures!

Angie said...

Inspiring!

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

This work pulls at my gut, and makes my mouth water all at the same time. Imagine that!! Raw intuition and emotion at it's very best.

elle said...

Artit! What a great blog name! Oh for this kind of patience! Such memorable work.

Maureen said...

Love this work!

Lois K said...

Oh, how I strive to create this type of art - layers, texture and subtle color. It's just wonderful!
Lois K

Renata said...

Love love love her work!

Peg Englishman said...

I love Jeane's work. I'm going to check out her blog. I just started falling in love with mixed media abstract and find such a connection with it. thank you for sharing her work. I love artists, like you Seth, and Jeane who inspire me to be better.

Mrs Pretzel said...

So many artists that make you want to sit and watch them work in their studios!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I agree an artist's artist, her work is so powerful and so uniquely hers. Fabulous.

http://vonniesbittersweetstudio.blogspot.com said...

An artists artist. A great way this describe an artist. Her works is wonderfully layered

Irma said...

Jeane's pieces are very earthy and textural. Great artist!

Jeane Myers said...

I'm honored Seth xo

Carol D said...

I love this stuff! Can't wait to take one of your classes. Carol

Hue and Me Art said...

My kind of artist...build up all the history and it will speak for itself.

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

I've been following Jeane's blog for several years. Her work is not only stunning, but it communicates on a deep emotional level. Saving my pennies...I reallyreallyreally want one of her paintings. Looking forward to getting your book Seth!

Jo Murray said...

Jeane is way 'up there' on my list of favourite artists. Her work has such integrity. Love her occasional web talks too, she is very generous with info and advice.

Nan G said...

Love Jeane's work. Thanks Seth for introducing us to such wonderful artists!

Canace said...

Thank you for introducing Jeane on your 30/30 Seth. I could get totally lost in her work... and do!

Angi in hana said...

absolutely beautiful artwork, makes me feel so humble, aloha, angi in hana

Beverley Baird said...

Stunning pieces! So much texture!

Unknown said...

Yay! She's my artist's artist too!

trish quilty said...

Amazing and inspiring works. The textures are wonderful.

Von said...

I absolutely respond so much to this type of work.. the abstract leaves so much for the mind and heart to interpret and take emotion into. Thank you for sharing.

Kathryn Dyche said...

I love her work, the layers and textures definitely speak to me.

Bill said...

I agree. Layered and textured abstracts are wonderful!

Sandy said...

Jeane Myers artwork communicates on many levels.

Carol said...

These are beautiful. I long to see more!

Lynda said...

There's a lot of Jeane's work that speaks to me on a visceral level... looking forward to seeing more of her work...

Deborah J Bein said...

in my next life I want to do this kind of art.....love love love it...
so spontaneous! dbein@hvc.rr.com

Unknown said...

I've followed Jeane's work for some years now and her blog is one of my favourites. I absolutely love her work. She has an approach that cuts through all the nonsense about what it's like to be a working artist. I like what she says about daily work and how it applies to whatever field you work in. She's an inspiration.

.Trudi Sissons said...

Seth, what a great relationship you've forged with Jeane. I look forward to seeing her work in your book!

Barbara Mason said...

Love the depth and the scratched look...

Barbara I. said...

I love all the layers and the texture in Jeane's pieces. I checked out her website and resonated with her sentiment: "You must make an effort to put something into motion". It expresses our need to "do the work" and how important it is to show up and create on a regular basis. I need to do more of that! bkisrael@gmail.com

Patty H said...

This is the kind of art that really turns me on. I wish I could paint like Jeane.

Sarah Anderson said...

Loving all the texture, and the variety of work you have included in your book

Cheryl Connell said...

Wow- this looks like its gonna be a great book! I will order for the library and would love my own copy as well. :)

Cheryl

ArtPropelled said...

I LOVE Jeane's art and I'm inspired by her blog posts to put my nose to the grindstone and get creating. As she says.... "You must make an effort to put something into motion"

ZenDotStudio said...

I have followed Jeane's blog for several years and had the great good fortune to spend 2 days in her studio this fall. It was transformative. She is even more amazing than her work (is that possible?? :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! there is also a sense of timelessness... one could get lost in in her paintings

Jorin said...

I love textures like these.

Gillian Pearce said...

Love the subtle layered textures in this paintings.

Anonymous said...

oooooh, i'm now pretty much in love with ms. jeane! )(and by "pretty much" i mean totally!)