Sunday, October 27, 2013

30/30: CW Slade



30 artists...30 days. Spend the month of October with me at The Altered Page to meet the 30 spotlight artists in my book The Mixed-Media Artist: Art Tips, Tricks, Secrets and Dreams from Over 40 Amazing Artists. See them in action in their studios, read their 'quirky' bios written in their own words, see some of their art that led me to invite them to be a part of my book, and hear my story of what they each mean to me. Then click on over to their sites and see what they have to say about The Mixed-Media Artist.


------------------------------------
"My purpose in life is to dig deep into the mystery, searching to uncover what is beautiful.


What is beautiful to me is what is true. Truth has no limits; it is not bounded by time.


My work is my daily process of exploration, my meditation, my teacher."


------------------------------------
I have loved CW's work for many years, so much so that she was one of the first artists that I spotlighted on my blog back in 2007. She also participated in the original online version of The Pulse in early 2008. It is with great satisfaction that nearly 6 years later she is a part of this book. There is something special in her abstract works that absolutely fascinates me. Perhaps it is the combination of her color choices and color blocking, the surface layering and texturizing, the bits and pieces she adds, and her use of organic imagery. Or perhaps it is the stories that her artwork tell.

I have yet to meet CW in person but I hope to one day. Although she shares her process on the pages of the book, I would love to be able to be a fly on the wall (or more comfortably maybe just a person sitting in a chair) in her studio as she puts the pieces together to create these abstract gems. Seeing her work unfold would no doubt be a huge inspiration to me.
------------------------------------
GIVEAWAY

For every comment you leave in October on one of the 30/30 posts on my blog, you will have that many chances to win a signed copy of The Mixed Media Artist. I will be giving away a total of 3 copies. The more comments you leave, the more chances you have (but only 1 per post please). Please make sure I have a way to contact you. Winners will be announced in early November. 

46 comments:

Bill said...

I have to agree. Her abstracts are beautiful!

HeARTworks said...

Something fascinating about her work!!! Love the textures! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Angie said...

Such exciting art! Layer upon layer of texture. Stunning!!!

Jo Murray said...

Another great artist whose work has enormous intellectual content. Subtle layering adds intrigue to the work. Good choice Seth.

Unknown said...

What a color, layer and form compositions, her works open a mysterious world of emotions and thoughts.

froebelsternchen said...

wonderful artwork!
I really enjoy all this fab artists every day!
thank you Seth for setting this month of showing all of them!

Art Matters said...

These delicately layered works resonate lay deeply with me - I'd love to see the real thing.
Seth you have a talent for finding wonderful creativity for us all to enjoy - thank you.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Hi Seth, What a great collection of creativity as I scroll down the page of all of these wonderful artists. always thrilled to visit your presentations at the Altered Page!!
Exciting and Inspiring!

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Her work has an amazing depth to it that pulls at the very edge of my imagination. Her layering is amazing!

Nan G said...

So much depth and beauty and hidden gems in these pieces.

Laura in CT said...

Her work is really arresting: thank you for sharing. And, it was very fun meeting you yesterday in NYC!

elle said...

Whoa! CW's work certainly fulfills her artist's statement!

Nancy Cintorino said...

Love her color combinations, and her pieces capture totally different energies!

Cheryl Connell said...

Really Cool!

Cheryl

Jeane Myers said...

fabulous!!

lynne h said...

c. w. slade is in a class by herself. i don't know that anyone's work touches me more than hers... what a fabulous thing that she's in your book, seth!

xoxo

Hue and Me Art said...

Soooo happy she is included in your book! Amazing artist!11

Unknown said...

30 artist means 30 ways to get inspiration + yours :D Thanks so much for your kindness and this giveaway <3

Angi in hana said...

WOW! unbelievable, i just look at her wonderful artwork and wonder, how did she do that! tx again for sharing and inspiring, aloha, angi in hana

trish quilty said...

Each piece of art tells its own story by color or line, or expression or texture. Just wonderful!

donna joy said...

Have loved her work for years too! The colors, texture and layers of her work are just incredible.

Meg said...

I love her colors. Oh, sublime!!

Peg Englishman said...

I love what she said about creating art is her daily process of exploration and meditation. I feel the same way :)

Giggles said...

Such a romantic feel to all these pieces! There is something about the soft blend of colors that is very mysterious!

Hugs Giggles

Sandy said...

My work is my daily process of exploration, my meditation, my teacher." This quote really reasonates with me!

Deborah J Bein said...

more wonderful, it just keeps coming! thanks. dbein@hvc.rr.com

Hastypearl said...

CW brings an elevated sophistication tou your list of talent, Seth. I can't wait to read about her process, too. Fly or chair...I'm with 'ya! Laura

Candice Thomas said...

Another lovely choice Seth.

Wen said...

so many comments! I have enjoyed your email postings a great deal. Your book is so lovely, so sharing. Thank you for honoring the mixed media art so well!

Chris said...

I enjoy getting lost in her work. She's a favorite!

Canace said...

OMG.. nearly forgot to come back to comment. I got so engrossed in CW Slades' abstracts. They are so compelling!

Thanks Seth... loved learning about her work!

Unknown said...

Wow! Her art really speaks to me! I love it all!

Barbara Mason said...

Love all the play of depth color and texture - another interesting artist before unknown to me...

Unknown said...

wow, this is awesome. I'm glad I found this post. Very fascinating work.

Lura said...

love them all, you send any one of them to me. lol. great work hun. xox

Patty H said...

CW's combination of imagery is thought-provoking. It also conjures up some of my own memories, but in a vague way. Lots of depth to this great artist.

Anonymous said...

Lusciously, luminous layered work! Thanks for introducing us to this artist.

Mia said...

Good colors, and the crackle paint and tree branches are lovely!

Mickie said...

Very bold and intriguing. Beautiful artwork.

Christine Kiehl said...

Very thought provoking artwork indeed. The tree is simply beautiful! In every way.

Barbara I. said...

I love the texture and layers in her art. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing her art work with us, Seth. I'm getting more and more excited about your book, Seth.

bkisrael@gmail.com

Hester said...

The colors are great

Eva said...

Yes her art is fascinating! Love the feeling of mystery and interesting textures.
Eva

Jorin said...

I love the textures most, it's great.

Darlene K Campbell said...

I could sit and look at her work and feel such peace after. The texture and layers are joy and truth. Beautiful!

Gillian Pearce said...

Beautiful use of texture and colour.