Thursday, February 23, 2012

Save the Dates: Part 3



To celebrate the release of The Pulse of Mixed Media, I will be holding a series of live events starting in March and ending in May. My book tour will take me from coast to coast in the United States and into western Canada. Along the way, I will be meeting up with many of the more than 130 artists that are represented in the book. I hope that I can meet up with YOU too!

There are still more events that I am planning, but I wanted to share with you the cities, venues, and dates that have been confirmed so far, so that you can save the date if I am making a stop in your neighborhood. I will post updates to my blog and add to this original post, which will always be available to find by clicking the link on the sidebar of my blog.

And if you know of a venue that you think would be a good match, please do not hesitate to email me with contact information. Hey...you never know!

March 2nd: Annex 24 Gallery in Lancaster, PA. Join me for a book signing from 6-8:30pm to celebrate the opening of Out of the Dark - an exhibition by Loryn Spangler-Jones, one of the contributing artists in my book.

March 20th: Live radio interview with Lynne Asha Golliher and Dennis Warner on 'Dennis in the Morning' - WELV Radio Show 107.9 from Ellenville, NY. Tune in at 8:30am to hear about the book release and about my solo exhibition at The Gallery Link.

March 26th: The Gallery Link in Ellenvile, NY. There will be an artist reception at 6pm (coinciding with my art exhibition running from March 1 to April 23). At 7pm I will be presenting an artist talk about the inner aspects of the creative process of the artist as revealed on the pages of The Pulse of Mixed Media. This will be followed by a Q & A session and a book signing. Local, contributing artists 'Art by Canace' and Denise Aumick will also be attending the event. The events are free and open to the public but please RSVP at 845-647-5530.

March 31st: The Ink Pad in NYC. I will be moderating an artist panel with contributing artists Michelle Ward, Leslie Marsh, Karen Cole, Jill Zaheer, Roxanne Evans Stout, Julie Prichard, and Danny Gregory. The panel members will discuss their contributions to the book, answer audience questions, show samples of their artwork, share their personal creative process, and sign copies of the book. The panel runs from 10am to 12pm. The event is free and open to the public but you must contact The Ink Pad in advance at 212-463-9876 to reserve a place as seats are limited.

April 11th: Judith HeartSong Fine Art Studio and Gallery in Metro DC. Artist talk, book signing. The event runs from 6 to 8pm. Seating is very limited. Please email me at shap97@gmail.com for more details and to reserve your space.

April 14th: Barnes & Noble, Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia, PA. Join me from 11am for a book signing. Also attending the event will be contributing artists Karen Cole and Leslie Marsh.

April 26th: Momo Lomo in Fort Collins, CO. Join me from 7 to 9pm for a book signing and launch party. Also attending will be a number of contributing artists from Colorado, including Sarah Fishburn and Lisa Hoffman. The event runs from 7-9pm.

April 28th: Two Hands Paperie in Boulder, CO. I will be moderating an artist panel with local contributing artists Lisa Hoffman, Sarah Fishburn, Fran Meneley and Marie Danti. The panel members will discuss their contributions to the book, answer audience questions, show samples of their artwork, share their personal creative process, and sign copies of the book. The panel is free and open to the public. The event runs from 10:30am to 12:00pm.

May 3rd: Le Marche St. George in Vancouver, BC Canada. Join me for a book signing and launch party at 6pm. Also attending will be a number of contributing artists from the book, including Patricia Larsen, Lelainia Lloyd, and Leslie Avon Miller. The event will be held in conjunction with Con Leche, an art exhibition including works by the Larsen family (Patricia, Janaki, Klee) and myself.

May 5th: Bellevue Art & Frame in Bellevue, Washington. Join me for an afternoon of art from 12-2pm. Contributing artists Donna Watson and leslie Avon Miller will be participating in an artist discussion, an art demo, and a book signing. The event is free and will be the last stop on my traveling promotional tour.

21 comments:

Cathy said...

oh my gosh!...so excited that you are going to Boulder! It's a bit of a drive, but I will see you there. :) Yay!

Lynn Cohen said...

Seth, if you are on the west coast might you come down to California? SF, Berkeley, Davis...all good places for book tours. I'll ask my cousin, a published poet, where she recommends if you like.

Maureen said...

Looking forward to April 11.

Exciting to see the wonderful book tour shaping up!

Erin in Morro Bay said...

How I would love to be there in Booulder and hear that panel! I agree with Lynn, we'd love to have you here in California!
Erin

deb said...

so it seems nothing on my calendar march 26th - maybe I can make the drive then... it would be such a thrill to meet you in person!!

amy of studio four corners said...

ok...vancouver is cool (and the place where you will be even cooler) but could you travel a little bit more south to Seattle...that would be divine!

Kathryn Dyche said...

So disappointed that I can't make the DC event. I was planning on coming but the date coincides with my trip home to the UK. :0(

Lisa said...

Seth, Looking forward to seeing you on April 11!

Brian Kasstle said...

Coming to Los Angeles???

Lori Wostl said...

Okay! I will see you in either Ft. Collins or Boulder! Both are on the calendar! Lori W at Art Camp for Women

nancy neva gagliano said...

now why don't i see KALAMAZOO on that list? haha!
i'll be along in spirit! sooooooooo excited for you, seth.

Jo Murray said...

Gosh Seth it's only a short leap to Australia... when are you coming?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great tour!!! But nowhere near Cincinnati? Oh well...maybe for your next book! (When will that be published???)

susan in seattle said...

You keep talking about being in Seattle - with a panel of artists. When and where will this event happen?

Bella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bella said...

Hi .. have been trying to email you, but dont think its going through.. darned new facebook email!
I too would love to hear more details on your book tour to Seattle! That's only about an hour away! Cant meet you in person!!
Will you autograph your book!? :)

Bella said...

I meant.. Cant WAIT to meet you in person :)

laurel said...

Shucks! No visit planned to Atlanta?

Adriane said...

See you in May, Seth! I've been looking for an excuse to go to Le Marché and this is simply too compelling... in an odd twist of fate I "discovered" the shop through a coworker who shops there for healthy chips, but I've emailed with Janaki for the recipes from the lovely Valentine's Day spread from earlier this year... and I "found" you through my lovely friend Kelly Kilmer... how small is the world.....?

Melinda said...

yay on bellevue!