Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Week Links: 17

Join me every Sunday when I share some of my favorite links I discovered in the previous week.
Week 123456789101112131415, 16,

And here is Week 17...

When Blogging Becomes a Slog: fascinating article from the New York Times that all serious bloggers should read. And here are Erin Loechner's thoughts about being interviewed in the feature.

Susan Tuttle shares 12 useful tips to make you a better photographer.

Loved this podcast where Tiffany Han interviews Jessica Swift. Honest and authentic thoughts about being an artist and entrepreneur!

Super cool, animated gifs from Bill Domonkos found on I Need a Guide.

Deryn Mentock shares her thoughts about branding and logo making. Great set of links included.

Check out The Daily Muse feature on the ElusiveMu.se website. They have curated a wonderful set of artists to highlight.

And for those of you who have not visited -- or have not visited all the participants -- click here to be taken to the list of people who have bared all and showed pictures of their studio space in all its uncensored glory. 123 people shared!

10 comments:

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

When Blogging becomes Slogging- great article, thanks for sharing. Having been on the blogging train since 2004- 10 years!!!- I can definitely relate. Well, minus making the big bucks from it ha! But the pressure to keep creating and sharing it all. It gets difficult especially when you don't have as much time as in the past. Something has to give. I have to think ok, I have x amount of hours- do I go paint, work on that looming deadline or blog....but I love my blog and i write it for myself as it's also part of my creative process, but there definitely needs to be a balance. As the article points to, it also needs to be authentic. Thanks again for the link!

Mary C. Nasser said...

So cool of you to feature Bill Domonkos' work! We had a residency together on the big Island of Hawaii. He's a great guy!

Deryn Mentock said...

Great stuff Seth! And, thanks so much for linking to me! xxoo

Anonymous said...

Great links this week. I loved the photography hints!

lynne h said...

thanks for the links, seth! i really like erin loechner's words...

xoxo

Jo Murray said...

Some great advice in this lot Seth, but I LOVE the Domonkos images

Annie said...

Seth, Thanks for all the great links! xoxo

elle said...

Goodness, Seth. The very first link on blogging led me to a second and a third and...
I shall check out the rest of your post later this week. ;^) THANK YOU!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Seth I always love the links you share but this week each one took me further and further... thanks for putting out such interesting and helpful content.

Carol said...

Great links and lots of material here! Much more than can be absorbed in one sitting. What I love about this is the connection with other artists....we all need to feel connected. Thank You!