Saturday, December 6, 2014

5 x 5 Art 4 Sale


On Friday 12/5, the Five by Five Small Works Exhibition opened at The Empty Spaces Project, a gallery in Putnam, CT. 


This show included more than 100 works, all 5x5 inches, created by a group of more than 65 international artists. This project began as an extension of my first book The Pulse of Mixed Media, morphed into an online event, became a magazine article, and is now a live exhibition. You can read more about the project here

All artwork from this show is for sale and is now available for purchase online here. Please have a look at the incredible array of artwork and if you are interested in making a purchasing, please email your choice(s) to me at shap97@gmail.com.

The two pieces below are my contribution to the exhibition:


Life...Love...Learn
SOLD - THANK YOU


Lies
SOLD - THANK YOU

I wanted to share some images of the gallery and the opening reception for those of you who were unable to attend.


 The strips of 5x5 artworks

 The view from my book

 Table and tableau

Browsing

 My (full size) artwork along with collaborative artwork I completed with Roxanne Evans Stout

 One of several display tables

 Gallery founders Paul Toissaint & Ann Monteiro and myself (right to left)

The exhibition continues through the end of December if you have a chance to visit!

17 comments:

Frances said...

Looks incredible!

ART*ticulation said...

Looks amazing and looked like a lot of fun! How very kewl!

Marcia Beckett said...

Looks awesome! Way to go :)

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

This is a super cool idea!!
Good for gifts, too ( ;

amy of studio four corners said...

fantastic Seth! thanks for all of your work to pull this together...

Darlene K Campbell said...

This space and display are incredible. I am so grateful and proud to be a part of this. Merci Seth, Cheers-Darlene

donna joy said...

awesome! wish i lived close and could see it in person-thanks for all your work~and sharing it with us.

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! I just scrolled thru about half of the pieces and found myself wanting to stand in front of them in order to see them in person, to listen to their story, to see the textures, etc. No doubt the info is listed somewhere and I'm just not seeing it this morning, but what are the hours and address of the exhibition? Seems a road trip is in order.

Jackie PN said...

What a great exhibit- thank you Seth, for sharing with us here... I was checking out the pieces for sale and saw some familiar names and some new ones to investigate! And congrats to my dear friend Darlene- I see hers sold! - darn- i was hoping she would gift that one to me! teeheehee ")

Martice Smith said...

Way to go, Seth! Looks like a very awesome show with so many different approaches. Very cool to have pieces out on the tables, where people were allowed to handle them! Thanks for giving us an inside peek :)

Kay Wallace said...

What a wonderful venue, Seth! Love how the 5x5's were exhibited, as well as your books and other artwork. I hope it was successful!

Kathryn Dyche said...

Looks great . . must be amazing to see all that hard work come to fruition.

Parabolic Muse said...

congrats, Seth!

The way series of paintings look all together is something I love! I like doing bits that go together, but also stand separately. Thanks for these pictures.

Gaby Bee said...

Congrats, Seth! Hope it was successful!

rivergardenstudio said...

Oh, what a beautiful show, I wish I could have been there Seth! I love the way the paintings are hung, they look terrific all together. And I love seeing some of our work hanging together again too! You are so awesome and do so much for the artist community.
roxanne

Jo said...

Very cool, Seth. I wish I could see it live. Thanks for letting me be a part of your magic.

Robert said...

Thanks for all of this, Seth! It was a truly wonderful experience to be able to 'see' the exhibit on The Altered Page ALMOST as though I was there in person. Delightful!