Monday, October 17, 2016

Taos 2017

A Case of Curiosities

Join Roxanne Evans Stout and myself for a week of creative magic as we host A Case of Curiosities: a week long retreat at Mabel Dodge Luhan House in Taos, New Mexico.


March 26 - April 1, 2017

and/or

October 22 - October 28, 2017

------------

In March 2016, Roxanne and I hosted our first retreat in Taos and instantly new we would return. 


Join us and immerse yourself in the history of Mabel Dodge Luhan House, the beauty of the Taos landscape and the majesty of the Native American Culture.


Imagine... each day awakening to a gourmet breakfast with creative souls and art lovers like yourself, then immersing yourself into creating, playing, exploring, and art making to your heart's content. Around the clock. 


Our projects begin with a simple wooden case with many niches of many different sizes that will house art pieces.


Think handmade books, paintings, collages, assemblages, wrappings, banners, scrolls, shrines, tapestries and more...








------------

Space is limited. For more information, all the details and registration, please email for more info: shap97@gmail.com

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks so great. Lucky people who can attend.

Louise said...

Oh my! I want to whisk myself there! I have a wand, I will try it :D

Mary said...

It was wonderful-teachers were fantastic and the setting was perfect for art making. I am looking forward to Oct 2017!

Unknown said...

It was an inspiring and magical week! Loved it so much and made some wonderful friends, so going back in March!

whyducks said...

How wonderful, lucky people.

Anonymous said...

Sounds magical Seth. Xox

Sue said...

This looks like fun! x

Anonymous said...

This looks to be such an amazing event. Thank you for sharing those images.
Wishes
Lynne

Annie said...

I hope you and Roxanne can find time for a little get together with me, maybe dinner?
xoxo

rivergardenstudio said...

Seth, I love seeing all these amazing projects again, and the venue. So Magical!! And how wonderful that we have many of our students with us again in 2017!!
- roxanne

Kate Fernyhough said...

The artworks look fabulous, especially the little books.

judithwitkinquilts said...

October 23 is my birthday. I'll start dropping hints right now.